New headphone hunt.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
My kids and puppies combined to destory my Sennheiser 201HDs. Not the most expensive set of headphones I'll grant you, but they were full ear clamshells that REALLY sounded good and for $20 were well worth it.

I need a new set of PC headphones. I love my fontopias for my mp3 player, but when I got them in I have damn near no aural awareness of my surroundings, and at home in front of the PC I need that.

The full headsets work great for me. Cuts out some of the noise, but I can still keep track of the backgroud stuff. (I got batears, I think it came with the motherhood thing. It scares my wife, children, AND me at times! :LOL: )

Any headphone advice? I want cheap since it'll be an uphill batlle on what to spend on them, but since the kids and puppies broke it after I was nice and let them use it I'll be allowed a replacement.

(Besides, my wife's PC is right behind me and if we both want to watch/do different things one of us needs earphones.)

Any suggestions are most welcome, I suck with audio stuff 'cept that Altec-Lansing, Klipsch, and Senheiser are pretty safe names. ;)

Medusa's are german made surround sound headsets. In the UK they are about £40.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Surround_Sound_Headsets.html

I use them, they are not audiophile headphones, but the surround positioning is great for games. Some people have complained about build quality, but mine are over a year old and nothing is broken.

They are definitely better than the Zalman's from all the tests/reviews I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back