New (direct) Too Human Pics

New one i think, too big though:
http://www.bytesector.com/reviews/id-636/pic5.jpg

Here's one with a guy playing it, again too big to link directly:
http://www.bytesector.com/reviews/id-635/pic3.jpg

Bytesector said:
The graphics engine is based around the Unreal 3 engine and is nothing short of absolutely stunning. Even in its early state, our jaws hit the floor. If this is what the “next gen” or “current gen” or whatever you want to call it is capable of, then I can't wait to see the other environments in the game.

And linkage of the full preview which is pretty good:
http://www.bytesector.com/data/bs-article.asp?ID=636

Last edited by a moderator:
I want the poster that is up on this guy's wall:
A_Henry_small_1146112187.jpg

A little Nug from this months OXM:

And so that everyone knows, the robots with the red all over them are called "red eyes" and there's larger versions of them that command the smaller ones called "red eye generals" or something like that, and the giant golden robot you seen in a few of those pics is called a "troll." And no that's not a boss fight. There's lots of instances where you will fight two or three at a time.

The REAL bosses are MUCH larger than those guys, and they actually have entire teams at Silicon Knights that do nothing but work on one model for a boss in the game that players will fight.
http://mocheeze.com/toohuman/images/x360/march_screens/TH_125.jpg

expletive said:
What a great job, be on a team that's sole job is to create bosses for TH... This game is shaping up real well. We havent seen any screens of bosses yet correct?

Hey that would be a nice job to have. Focus on 2 or 3 bosses and that's it. Nice.

one said:
Hmm, most pics are over 1080p and all are over 720p...
http://mocheeze.com/toohuman/tiki-page.php?pageName=screens

So no realtime in-game pic available yet?

Dyack posts on GAF and said all shots are 100% realtime.

These shots all aired in EGM as well and were labelled as in-game shots, with the EGM editors stating essentially "YES this is what the game actually looks like, we played it"

If you read the interview, the Art Director is dissapointed because they picked the most bland, most monotone environment for the shots/demo, and they still look amazing. The forests and grassy areas are cyberspace, that's a virtual world you can go into to increase the powers of your character, find new weapons/upgrades etc.

scooby_dooby said:
Dyack posts on GAF and said all shots are 100% realtime.

These shots all aired in EGM as well and were labelled as in-game shots, with the EGM editors stating essentially "YES this is what the game actually looks like, we played it"
I can see it's rendered in-engine as seen in the pic you posted with the main character's toe clipped and the ground texture without good filtering. But if you resize it to a smaller resolution such as 720p you get less aliasing, which is a different condition from that of an in-game frame. And you don't believe it can run in 1280p, do you?

one said:
I can see it's rendered in-engine as seen in the pic you posted with the main character's toe clipped and the ground texture without good filtering. But if you resize it to a smaller resolution such as 720p you get less aliasing, which is a different condition from that of an in-game frame. And you don't believe it can run in 1280p, do you?

I don't really care. I don't see why image resolution is the definative indication if something is realtime, when it can be so easily manipulated.

These screens first appeared in a magazine, they could very easily have been upscaled for print, or one of a dozen other possible explanations.

Bottom line is publications have played this already, and they all confirm these are in-game shots. In addition, Head designer has stated explicitly "100% realtime" whot more wil it take until you give an ounce of credit where credit is due?

one said:
Hmm, most pics are over 1080p and all are over 720p...
http://mocheeze.com/toohuman/tiki-page.php?pageName=screens

So no realtime in-game pic available yet?

Huh? I followed your link... and the first 3 pics I clicked are ALL 720p:

EDIT: Not counting the newer "rendered in engine" armor shots (which the first couple are 720p... did not bother with the rest), it seems basically about 50% or the 18 new shots are 720p. Definately more than "all". All the larger ones seem to be poster board material or cut scenes, probably a special framebuffer grab specifically intended for media purposes. Some have odd resolutions and aspects, so they probably have been cropped.

Just finished reading the preview, interesting stuff on replayability...

1up said:
1UP/EGM: How much of Too Human's story will be up to the player?

DD: Actually, we're hoping that the chances of you seeing exactly the same thing as another player are impossible. Now, the game has to follow a specific story arc, particularly for following a certain mythology, but at the end of the day, you're going to see some stuff that other people won't.

1UP/EGM: Will a game save from the end of TH1 carry over to TH2?

DD: Absolutely. Plus, when you play the game it will never be the same twice. From set-ups and camera [angles], it's going to adapt to how you play. Just like the 360 allows you to customize your music, we want to customize the game for each player. We hope to see players posting on message boards about how they're all seeing cool, different stuff as they play. You will be able to affect the story, and actually other elements of the game as well.

Acert93 said:
Huh? I followed your link... and the first 3 pics I clicked are ALL 720p:

EDIT: Not counting the newer "rendered in engine" armor shots (which the first couple are 720p... did not bother with the rest), it seems basically about 50% or the 18 new shots are 720p. Definately more than "all". All the larger ones seem to be poster board material or cut scenes, probably a special framebuffer grab specifically intended for media purposes. Some have odd resolutions and aspects, so they probably have been cropped.
My bad, I picked several of them I recognized which were on magazines and websites recently and all of them were over 720p. Now looking at these 720p pics, there is certain discrepancy between them and the pics about which scooby_dooby described "all aired in EGM as well and were labelled as in-game shots".

one said:
My bad, I picked several of them I recognized which were on magazines and websites recently and all of them were over 720p. Now looking at these 720p pics, there is certain discrepancy between them and the pics about which scooby_dooby described "all aired in EGM as well and were labelled as in-game shots".

Almost every single picture on that page is contained in the EGM 9-page too human spread, many appear as thumbnails, while others span 2 pages. EGM went to print over a month ago, and these shots didn't hit the internet until a couple weeks ago tops. So the point remains, these were originally released for use in a print magazine which use extremely high resolutions, it's pretty silly to draw too many conclusions based on image dimensions.

Back