New dead rising HD video!

I was always wondewring when it would be possible to play a game that was similar to the Peter Jackson movie braindead. Now it is here, more blood to the people...

This game is going to absolutely rule! Thanks for the vid--awesome!

[Edit: Not on marketplace yet. :( ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! Yes! This game rules.

Never thought I'd be excited to head to the Lawn Mower department. :D

My PC at the office doesn have the juice to play HD videos so i can only see the video in spurts but there was one scene that made me laugh where the guy loads a zombie on some type of handheld auger and uses his spinning body to beat up other zombies. Every time i see a video of this game i see a new weapon that cracks me up.

I wonder how the public will take to this game, and how well it will sell.

Isn't this the game that could theoretically be beaten by simply statying in one place for a couple of hours until the helicopter shows up to rescue you?

The best part of the trailer is when he impales the guy on the drill, and the then lifts him up in the air spinning aroind and smoking other zombies, made me laugh.

The game is looking really good too, the variety in zombies, and the lighting/shadows are all great.

Powderkeg said:
Isn't this the game that could theoretically be beaten by simply statying in one place for a couple of hours until the helicopter shows up to rescue you?

No that part of the game design has been changed. And you would never have beaten the game, you would be picked up by the chopper and get some lame ending. There's new previews everywhere.

scooby_dooby said:
No that part of the game design has been changed. And you would never have beaten the game, you would be picked up by the chopper and get some lame ending. There's new previews everywhere.

That's good. My interest kind of dropped to nothing after hearing that, but if it's changed it may be worth looking at again.

Holy COW!

They have seriously improved this game from the last time I saw a trailer. And I didn't think the game looked too badly then, either.

WOW, that looks amazing. I worry about the framerate though, but hopefully it will be nice and smooth.

August 8th, eh? Won't have to wait too long to read some reviews on this one then!

:D

hupfinsgack said:
OMG, that thing is surely landing on the index in Germany.
They are not even publishing it in Germany after the USK refused to rate it (which would've prevented from getting to the BPjM)...

Powderkeg said:
That's good. My interest kind of dropped to nothing after hearing that, but if it's changed it may be worth looking at again.
Ya it's changed now as some missions are forced on you, but it's still all a battle against the 72hour clock. Check out gamespot's preview it gives a good rundown of the game mechanics, definately innovative, we'll have to see how it plays out.

Personally, I didn't have any problem with how the game was supposed to work previously.

As I understood it, certain missions would 'stop the clock' or whatever, but essentially the game gave you the choice of just running around and killing zombies to see how many kills you could score in the time limit (like an arcade game), or you could try to 'solve' the game by going on the missions to 'figure out' what was going.

Successful completion of those missions would extend the clock, giving you more time to run up your Zombie Bashing Score, or allowing you to go on further missions.

It seemed like a perfectly wonderful game mechanic to me. Especially in terms of competition, gamer points, etc... Somebody who chooses not to complete the missions but just kill zombies might get a higher score. But somebody who is able to complete say the first three missions, will have a longer overall time.. a greater opportunity to kill zombies and eventually, you'll get a higher score by completing the game instead of just zombie bashing.

I'll have to read the preview to see how the game has changed.

[maven] said:
They are not even publishing it in Germany after the USK refused to rate it (which would've prevented from getting to the BPjM)...

But since the BPjM is allowed only postrelease censorship and not prerelease censorship, wouldn't that make owning it legal for anyone regardless of age? Even three year-olds could own it now!

RancidLunchmeat said:
Personally, I didn't have any problem with how the game was supposed to work previously.

As I understood it, certain missions would 'stop the clock' or whatever, but essentially the game gave you the choice of just running around and killing zombies to see how many kills you could score in the time limit (like an arcade game), or you could try to 'solve' the game by going on the missions to 'figure out' what was going.

Successful completion of those missions would extend the clock, giving you more time to run up your Zombie Bashing Score, or allowing you to go on further missions.

It seemed like a perfectly wonderful game mechanic to me. Especially in terms of competition, gamer points, etc... Somebody who chooses not to complete the missions but just kill zombies might get a higher score. But somebody who is able to complete say the first three missions, will have a longer overall time.. a greater opportunity to kill zombies and eventually, you'll get a higher score by completing the game instead of just zombie bashing.

I'll have to read the preview to see how the game has changed.

It's still like that, but it's not as free form anymore, i.e. you can't spend the entire time standing in one place, or just killing zombies. But the core elements you've mentioned are there, I like it as well, basically the clock is a major opponent in this game.

hupfinsgack said:
But since the BPjM is allowed only postrelease censorship and not prerelease censorship, wouldn't that make owning it legal for anyone regardless of age? Even three year-olds could own it now!
AFAICS that's not the case. No USK-rating means only persons 18 years or older are allowed to buy it (that's also why all the games predating USK-badges (e.g. Super Mario World on the original Gameboy) can now only be legally obtained when you're 18+ ;)).

This is my most wanted 360 game right now for sure.

Aside from being a sand box game, it looks like it has decent story telling elements too.

Back