Neuroscientists bring 'Matrix' step closer to reality

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
http://in.news.yahoo.com/051112/43/610fy.html

New York, Nov 12 (IANS) Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have brought the world of the science fiction movie 'The Matrix' a step closer to reality by decoding how the brain receives visual information.
In 'The Matrix', a cable running from a computer into Neo's brain writes in visual perceptions, and Neo's brain can manipulate the computer-created world. In reality, scientists cannot interact directly with the brain because they do not understand enough about how it codes and decodes information.

Now, neuroscientists in the McGovern Institute at MIT have been able to decipher a part of the code involved in recognising visual objects. Practically speaking, computer algorithms used in artificial vision systems might benefit from mimicking these newly uncovered codes.

Maybe in 2050, Playstation 12 will simply be a cable. ;)

This fricken rocks. Of course all I can think of right now is the entertainment value but i'm sure it could have other very important uses. I love technology.

BlueTsunami said:
This fricken rocks. Of course all I can think of right now is the entertainment value but i'm sure it could have other very important uses. I love technology.

pr0n!!!!!!!11111.......;)

silence said:
pr0n!!!!!!!11111.......;)

I was actually thinking about games but now that you've mentioned that, my dreams to have a deep and enthralling conversation with Elisha Cuthbert can be fullfilled.

Oh yeah...then hot hot matrix sex

Back