NBA madness

John Reynolds

Ecce homo
Veteran
ohshit.jpg

This guy has got to be the happiest man alive in Detroit right now. And I'm sure--if his identity is known to the public--that his phone has been ringing off the hook as the ambulance chasers desperately seek him out as a new client.

just read about it... what is it all about...

guy hits player with a beer can, nothing happens at first.

(what was there a scuffle with Detroit players?

Artest gets nervous breakdown, and goes after him.

Two more guys join in, and than he gets 73?!? match ban

that match ban is insane.

Till the end of the season???

Rather much, considering that someone actually threw an object into him... and two others who joined in, just got around 1/2 of the ban.

Druga: go reread, thats not what happened at all.

Artest fouls a guy (hard)
Guy pushes back
Small scuffle breaks out.
Artest is laying on table.
Some fan throw glass of beer and hits Artest in face
Artest goes apeshit and charges into stands.
Fan gets punched by Artest. (Guy in picture above isn't the guy who threw the beer.)

Anyways, he deserves a full season suspension. You don't go mixing it up with the (edit:)fans. Period. It wasn't self defense, it was pure retribution.

Plus, the NBA has the right to set whatever arbitrary penalties they want.

RussSchultz said:
Druga: go reread, thats not what happened at all.

Artest fouls a guy (hard)
Guy pushes back
Small scuffle breaks out.
Artest is laying on table.
Some fan throw glass of beer and hits Artest in face
Artest goes apeshit and charges into stands.
Fan gets punched by Artest. (Guy in picture above isn't the guy who threw the beer.)

Anyways, he deserves a full season suspension. You don't go mixing it up with the (edit:)fans. Period. It wasn't self defense, it was pure retribution.

Plus, the NBA has the right to set whatever arbitrary penalties they want.

OK thanks,

that was more of a commentary what I read - and quite long... so I got the wrong picture of course ;)

but interesting... for a moment or two...

What I'm wondering is: if such riots happen in european football, the home team usually gets punished for the actions of their fans, too. Like not being able to play at their home arena for a number of games or having to play before empty ranks. I guess nothing like that's happening in Detroit? (haven't heard anything)

I'm more on the side of thinking 73 games is pretty light for doing what he did. Artest bulldozed his way through a bunch of spectators and then didn't even have the brains to bumrush the right guy.

For the job he is payed handsomely to do, I'd expect a little more proffessionalism and much more maturity.

The one fan who actually threw the beer deserves to have his ass handed to him, only it didn't happen, and Artest was not in the position to do it.

The guy Artest threw down did not deserve what happened, nor did a lot of the fans in the area need the experience of fleeing an all out brawl (I can't tell for sure, but I think a few kids were in the area). The NBA's lucky nobody was seriously injured due the actions of players who are paid members of the organization. Now they'll only lose something like several million dollars.

nelg said:
I think that it was staged in order to placate us hockey fans suffering from withdrawal. :devilish:

Hehe, your loss, our gain. :devilish:

Forsberg, Sundin, Sedin&Sedin, Salo, Alfredsson, et.al welcome home! :D

Edit: BTW, all this reminds me of Cantona:

kungfu2.jpg

9 month ban.

Well I guess we know what section all of the Red Wing fans are sitting now that they can go watch the wings this year ;)

Arest got block by Ben Walace (clean block on Bens part) on the last play. Arest gets all pissy and hammers Ben. Its a stupid foul. Indina was up by 16 pts with less than a minute to go. You don't foul anyone in that case, let them get the buck, clock stays runing...2 more points for Detroit is not going to help them win..you have got the game...ease up...let him go....but no. I have played basketball for 20 years now. Anytime a foul like that happens some one ends up getting hurt. There is no place for it.

It was sad to see fan's throwing stuff at players. It was said to see how the players respond. I hate to say it but they need to come down hard on everyone that was involved so this does not happen again. The suspensions were just the start.

One lady on the talk show called in and backed Arest up. Saying that he had to protect himself and stand up for himself. That any one struggling like Arest was needs to do this for himself. Ok...Ben pushed him and he just layed down on the scores table. Why did he not stand up for himself then? I mean Ben pushed him a lot harder than a plastic cup full of beer. So why did he not stand up to Ben and defend himself there? Could it be the fact that a soft pudy fan is an easier target then Ben (Ben out weighs him by 50 lbs of mostly muscle)? And struggling? How to you make 5 million a year and be struggling? Some people just crack me up.....

well Cantona pinned the guy who was guilty, and well noone else got injured or hurt. French attention to detail :D

And he got a few months of community service for that. IIRC

dreamin' said:
What I'm wondering is: if such riots happen in european football, the home team usually gets punished for the actions of their fans, too. Like not being able to play at their home arena for a number of games or having to play before empty ranks. I guess nothing like that's happening in Detroit? (haven't heard anything)
it doesnt happen enough for this to be that big of an issue. I dont follow european soccer enough to know all the details, but your mini riots happened quite a few times. So it has become an issue.

epic

I hear there was an "incident" at a football game too, heh. :p

Getting awfully short-tempered over there, aren't you? Must be all the constant terror alerts making everybody as edge as a buncha long-tailed cats in a room fulla rocking chairs! :D

Back