Naughty Dog's New IP (Pics)

Looks good, but i absolutely loved what they did with the Jak games. This looks like yet another photorealistic-wannabe game. Looks amazing and all, but i don't want to fight ugly guys in a jungle in a Naughty Dog game, i can do that with games that don't interest me anyway. I want imagination from Naughty Dog.
Don't know, i just hope there is something else to it, it needs to be more than just a 3rd person Farcry. I got bored of Farcry and never finished it simply because other games (like Jak2 and 3) provided a much better experience.

I cant help but think this game would be a lot better as a side scroller. Seems like its something like Flashback from the Genesis. Just get that vibe, maybe its just me heh. I must be getting old :|

Last edited by a moderator:
Initial reaction watching the video : "Tomb Raider with a guy"...
Good graphics, great animation.

Ingenu said:
Initial reaction watching the video : "Tomb Raider with a guy"...
Good graphics, great animation.

Only Tomb Raider had the whole female exploitation thing going on for it, while the Naughty Dog guy is just not cute at all.
Lara gave you big cleavage, where's the big bulge and pecs, V-shaped back, washboard abs in the ND game?!

:devilish:

Another excellent example that screenshots don't do next-gen games justice. After seeing the screens I was actually dissapointed, but the video looked very nice indeed. Decidedly gamey and real-timey, yet very next-gen. What's the gameplay going to be like though?

Now I know what it reminds me off: The Getaway in the jungle... The way the character hits and walks and jumps just reminds me so much of The Getaway. As great as the stuff they showed, I was hoping for animation in a more cartoony way as Jak & Daxter had them... quick, precise, smooth etc. When I watch the trailer and imagine playing it, it just seems kind a wierd, unresponsive. And to top it off, the guy fights, runs like a drunk girl to me.... :oops:

Serenity Painted Death said:
No offense, but that doesn't look anywhere near real (nor does it seem to be trying to)

I really can't stand the look of it, actually (I won't say "plastic" but the entire screens give off this weird sheen... ugh...)

It doesn't look anywhere near real to you. Looks near-photorealistic to me in 1 or 2 shots (crysis gave a similar feeling in the jungle scene demonstrating motion blur, with the soldier running through the brush). Theres that nasty uncanny-valley, but looks about as good as most CG i've seen (FF:Spirits Within, etc), at least for character models. Obviously there are huge differences in quality of lighting, texture quality, shadow quality, geometry complexity, but unless I look for it, or compare it side by side to hq cg, it looks similar enough for me to be impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
ChryZ said:
Good tech, poor art direction and character design. Meh :\

indeed.. looks to real to be cartoony , looks to cartoony to look real..
there is something off here.

probably the main charachter... we need OR a big tities action woman with a Gstring OR a mega hulk type of bad ass dude .

not a london-boy wannabe!

no offence LB :)

mckmas8808 said:
Laa-Yosh what do you think of this game? Could it be real?

Quite likely to be realtime, although might not be gameplay.

Only problem IMHO is the lighting, contrast is baaaaad, but character models are very nicely detailed and look lifelike.

Laa-Yosh said:
Quite likely to be realtime, although might not be gameplay.

Only problem IMHO is the lighting, contrast is baaaaad, but character models are very nicely detailed and look lifelike.

YEESS!! I can't wait for this game to be released. It will probably be Fall of 2007 though being that they don't even have a name for it yet.

Laa-Yosh given what we seen in this video, do you think there's any chance (some small percentage) that the game 8 Days could be real-time? And if it wasn't at E3 could it look like that when released in your opinion?

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the name of this game turns out to be Pitfall. It has it written all over it.

A very nice looking game indeed, I will be sure to keep an eye on this as it looks like the exploring of the jungle will be nice. Lush details ina natural setting always looks good.

I can't understand why, but something just looks very wrong about this game to the point that I think it has bad graphics :oops: :?:

Back