Nastaaaaay!

trinibwoy

Meh
Legend
Supporter
Ok, so I'm probably going to come across as a bit ignorant here but I'm still in a bit of shock.....

But anyway, I've been in India a couple days now and boy do they do things differently here. Saw this little showerhead looking thing in the toilet and I couldnt even start to guess what it was for. So out of curiousity I decided to ask - now I wish I didn't. Apparently you have the choice of wiping your ass with toilet paper or your left hand! :oops: And if you choose the latter you get the little sprinkler thing to wash your hand with - soap optional.

Now, I understand it's a developing country and all that but this is a pretty new building so they installed this thing recently. Which leads me to believe that people are still doing the left-handed ass scrape. I don't mean to offend anybody but damn that is some revolting shit. Given that this is a corporate building I shudder to think what the regular guys on the street are doing - including the one that served my salad at lunch today :cry:

That's nothing. I had some colleagues doing some work in Benin in West Africa. They stayed in the best hotel, and the horror stories they came back with were awful. Think yourself lucky there's water in your taps at all!

Yeah it is, that's why you shake with the right hand in those countries. :p

Heh, duly noted. Guess I should've done more research! :)

That's nothing. I had some colleagues doing some work in Benin in West Africa. They stayed in the best hotel, and the horror stories they came back with were awful. Think yourself lucky there's water in your taps at all!

The "best" hotel has no water? :oops: :LOL:

In much of Africa they do not use "s-turns" in their drains. This S shape allows for a water seal of drains and prevents odors from coming up from the sewers. You can be in a 5-star in Ethiopia but you'll still want the room WITHOUT a toilet if you want to sleep without stench.

Isn't that why they chop off thieves right hands when caught?

yup

reminds me of this documentary I saw on building the Petronas towers, and the malay's prefering aussie and brit engineers due to americans being so germophobic, don't know if I agree with that 100%, especially given that I've yet to meet an american with any sense of cleanliness, but nonetheless

my question is, India isn't a muslim, or even arab, state, its mostly Hindu and predominately Asian, so where's the left/right hand thing come from? the era around the creation of sikhism? (i forget the actual era's name...sorry)

Even though India is not muslim they still have alot of muslims. You will find in countries with muslim influence you may see things like this, its just your typical cultural influences.

yes and that's why eating with the left hand is an especially offending horror in muslim/arab countries.

Well we had a pizza lunch today and lots of people were picking stuff up with their left hands. Not sure if I should be grossed out or relieved...

Nasty? :???:

How exactly is washing yourself less hygenic than simply wiping with some fucking paper? Granted, I use tp for the initial swipe (don't know why you think tp and the rinse are mutually exclusive, dumbass), but as long as you wash your hands with soap it's a lot less nasty than what 99% of you westerners do. BTW, triniboy, haven't you heard of a bidet?

Let me ask you this: Who would you rather enter a pool or hot tub with? Indians with clean asses, or dirty white boys bringing dried up shit clinging to them?

Nasty? :???:

How exactly is washing yourself less hygenic than simply wiping with some fucking paper? Granted, I use tp for the initial swipe (don't know why you think tp and the rinse are mutually exclusive, dumbass), but as long as you wash your hands with soap it's a lot less nasty than what 99% of you westerners do. BTW, triniboy, haven't you heard of a bidet?

Let me ask you this: Who would you rather enter a pool or hot tub with? Indians with clean asses, or dirty white boys bringing dried up shit clinging to them?
It's not a bidet. Read his post again.

Back