MY PS3 Screens and Setup!! real screens from my home [56k warning]

and then if i play a 720p game on my tv like resistance itll downgrade to 480p auto. even though i can do 720p. But If I set it to 720p ill get all the resolutions. So to my knowledge its not really that hte ps3 downgrades to 1080i its just a UI mess up that can be fixed with a firmware upgrade for those that have older TV's obv the screens i have shot are in 720p and 1080i.

It probably has to do with the native 1024x768 rez of the screen...

More info on scaling and the Blu ray player.

I have some more details into the BD player - ill post some pics later on but I just bought Ice Age The meltdown on Blu ray- And I have to say- This movie is the best looking movie i have ever seen on my TV- it is crisp, clear and colors are vivid- The transfer seems flawless- Since this is a CG movie it really looks great- Im running it on 1080i- (again it automatically chooses 1080i instead of 720p- though its set at 720p.) It seems all the blu rays will choose 1080p or 1080 i, and all games will choose 1080p or 720p. It seems that Sony has made it that if your tv doesnt do 720p on a 720 p game it wont upscale to 1080i- since no games really run on 1080i that i have played- the only exception being marvel ultimate alliance- on the back of the box it says HD video supported : 1080p-

I cant confirm this as it always automatically chooses 720p for me- but im guessing that the game will run @ 1080i if you only have that config- Its kind of a oddity how the system works but i get how it works- and yes it would suck if you have one of those older CRT tv's though i hear most of those crts didnt display true native HD resolutions anyways.

COD3 review

LoL! I took the pics but my GF took the camera and the adapter !! ill have to wait to get some more screens lol. But for now Ill give my review on Call of Duty 3.

I gotta say the game is very beautiful and it looks great and is a lot of fun- but it has to be equally bugged as the call of duty 2 on 360 was. These bugs include freezes, anywhere in the game even if you’ve just turned on the system itll freeze at a loading screen which also many reviewers have said- Lots of sound clicks that pop through and more over it does have slowdown in framerate at areas- Its still a fun game and I recommend playing it but Treyarch could’ve fixed a lot of these bugs and made the game great. The other weird thing I noticed was the video cut out once and came back on a second later, I thought it could be the hdmi cable loose again but usually and if it does cut out it wont come back- so this led to me believing it was the game and not the cable.
Funny thing is on COD2 on 360 the single player to me was great not that many problems but the multiplayer was immensely bugged. This is the opposite on ps3. Multiplayer plays great a lot of fun, and actually no lag or slowdown really and not bugged- but The single player well has all of the above mentioned.
Pics to come.

Back