How to setup my headphones on ps3.

Assualter

Newcomer
Hey guys, im about to get GTA V in the next few days for the ps3 and I also recently bought new headphones mainly for listening to music but I wanted to know if I can use them to play online. It's the SMS Audio Street which you can see here and as you can see it has a mic built into the 3.5mm cable. So my question is, what adapter do I need for those headphones and mic? Does this built in mic will work for online?

Sorry if its not the right forum but its kinda related to the online. Thanks in advance to the helpers.

Unless your headphones can be connected to your PS3 through USB or Bluetooth I think you wont have much luck. Not sure if there are any jack to usb or bluetooth adapters out there, but google it :D

If it's spam, its decidedly rubbish spam as it fails promote a product. It's a link to a headset that doesn't work very well with PS3 - great advertising there. ;)

So I think it's legitimate, or at least is spam discouraging us all from getting that particular model of headsets for use with our consoles.

As for the OP, there's no intrinsic support. I Googled a solution and found a convoluted video that used a USB audio adaptor (sort of thing used for SingStar microphones?), so you should be able to find a workaround, but it ain't pretty. Take home point being, the internet should be your first port of call to any such question, and you should only turn to forums when the internet lets you down. First posts mentioning products look spammy and are generally treated as such.

Those headphones aint cheap, plus they are from a brand i've never heard of and the website posts no technical specs, style over substance methinks...

Those headphones aint cheap, plus they are from a brand i've never heard of and the website posts no technical specs, style over substance methinks...

I got a set of in the ear /plugs from them and their ok. Its basically 50 cents forage into the space where Jay Z, Lebron etc have been pushing their type of branded audio equipment.

why do I get the feeling the first post is spam ?
but in case its not
An eight minute video that can be summed up by saying "use an adapter".

That said, what about USB headsets made for PC? I've got a decent set there, it occurred to me after I bought it that it might work on the Playstation as well. Any special set up, or is it just plug and play?

Back