MY PS3 Screens and Setup!! real screens from my home [56k warning]

btdvox

Newcomer
So as alot of you know im a pretty big playstation boy- I was really worried with the PS3 and more worried when i didnt get picture on my tele. After figuring out the loose connection i was very relieved and more over astonished at the picture quality- I have 3 games ( COD3, Resistance and Marvel) and obv all the demos- I am really marveled at the PS3- For launch games i think they did amazing- Resistance plays like butter and has no issues that i have seen and more over i only noticed some V-sync issues when firing through fire (like an explosion) Which is awesome because on every 360 game i had i would always get V sync issues (PDZ and graw---god i loved graw) But Ill just easily say to you guys- that hands down the ps3 launch is 10 X better than ps2 launch (in which i bought orphen and fantavision lol which i still have) Here are some pics for your pleasure! I have some of my home theatre setup also and my new lcd i just bought- cheers Sorry for some of the crappy pics i have a crap digi- flash gets in the way sometimes!

My Living room setup from 15 feet away (42 in Samsung 5th gen Plasma)
PICT0008-2.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

PS3
PICT0010-1.jpg

My Games
PICT0011.jpg

First Resistance shot-
PICT0023-1.jpg

No Flash on this one-
PICT0025.jpg

Another one
PICT0013-2.jpg

PICT0012-1.jpg

Marvel UA- bad photo but u get it
PICT0038.jpg

COD3- again hard to photo lol
PICT0041-2.jpg

Just about to crash/die in motorstorm
PICT0046-2.jpg

MI3 Blu Ray- this was hard to photo but its soo clear and colors are really deep- his dimples stick out like crazy! its amazing lol. I actually thought this was teh first BD that to me hands down looked better than the HD DVD version- i heard ice age 2 will be really good to.
PICT0031.jpg

And lastly my new 32 in toshiba LCD for the Wii (but no components for sale yet.. friggin jiip. I love the wii tho- lots of fun.
PICT0043.jpg

The boxes and my Jabra JX10 WHICH WORKS with the ps3 btw!
PICT0044-2.jpg

What model Samsung is that? My brother in law just got one and I'm thinking of getting one. They seem to have good picture quality.

nice pics!

what type of screen plasma is that? a hdtv or a normal 854x480 one?

btw, what to you mean by your boxes work?

nevermind , i understand it now :)

Don't you just hate that silver cable box? I have the same one and it doesn't match the rest of my equipment, which is black.

Hey Guys- Il asnwer some questions and more details ill have more pics tonight- THe last comment on the boxes i meant the Jabra JX 10 headset works with PS3- alot of people have been telling me bluetooth headsets dont work- maybe thats true but mine works fine- but i just read that you got it lol

The Samsung is the 5th gen HP-R-4272- Plasma and yes it rocks- It displays blacks better than any TV ive seen- and moreover the new LCD's are nice that they made but on alot of instances when in a dark room or dark areas they will always light up "orangey" to show brightness- thsi TV only does that in like maybe 1/10 of the spots ive seen in other TV's- Its last years model and they didnt really change anythign this year- so if your llooking for one- this one is awesome! I bought it for the 360- which it looked really nice on also- I recently sold my 360 for the wii. The Plasma is 480p/720p/1080i and the cool thing is that On the PS3 I set it at 720P - In the settings the options go

480i/480p
1080i
720p
1080P

its funny cuz the ps3 recognizes 720p always as a better resolution. For all games i run 720p and for all blu ray movies it automatically goes to 1080i. It should be notes that if i set it to 720p itll go ta screen that says
480i
480p
1080i
720p

and if i set it to 1080i it goes to a screen saying
480p
1080i

and then if i play a 720p game on my tv like resistance itll downgrade to 480p auto. even though i can do 720p. But If I set it to 720p ill get all the resolutions. So to my knowledge its not really that hte ps3 downgrades to 1080i its just a UI mess up that can be fixed with a firmware upgrade for those that have older TV's obv the screens i have shot are in 720p and 1080i.

Also i just got that cable box- im loving it so far- but yes it doesnt match my gear lol It records tho- us Cancuks dont have Tivo and shaw PVR is the best we can get.

Wow the what a great television. The snapshot of MI3 is so clear I can look deep into Lawrence Fishburne's pock marks. Is that Jimmy Hoffa?!

Believe me that picture does not do justice its really hard to get what it looks like in person on my crappy 5mp camera- Its much more clear and the colors are more vivid- i would say that pic shows about 60% of what it is!!!!
Blu-ray rocks for sure. That being said ive seeen some really rockin hd-dvds too.

Did you move the bookcase in the second picture?

That's the downside to hanging the TV on a wall.. you gotta put a hole through the wall to run the wires.

Did you move the bookcase in the second picture?

That's the downside to hanging the TV on a wall.. you gotta put a hole through the wall to run the wires.

Nope i didnt move it- my TV Mount rocks- its tilt, swivel, telescopic back and forth- not just stationary. It moves all around- - i have my book cases about 3 inches away on each side- and I have most of my wires through my wall when we mounted the TV but havnet had time to put the ps3 wires through it- PRob wont for another year LOL!

I have some more impressions on resistance- i finally played online today- with my headset- i was blown away- i serisouly think online is cleaner tha nteh single player game- I have run into some bugs in the single player- no mentionable slowdown but just bugs like some shadows tweakin etc. But online is crisp, fast, and more over FUN. i was really surprised- For me i really didnt care if it was going to be slow i was really expecting another COD2 on the 360- there were so many problems with that game online but it was such a great game and soo much fun that whocares- for resistance its alot of fun-

Resistance isnt like COD2 online tho its more halo'ish- Ill try COD3 online tonight- though i can tell you right now i heard voice isnt supported which is a downer to me- 360 version wins right there for me- but graphically i think they added some stuff on COD3 on ps3- that werent on the 360 as it looks a little nicer- but the problem is- theres quite a few bugs on COD3 and some slowdown that i can definitly mention- Guess they added more but didnt polish it- At this rate i dno which i would rather want a better looking- messed up version or the polished- I'd prob choose the latter. I should also mention that to my eyes- Resistance is a superior looking game then COD3- texture wise.

That being said- COD3 is very beautiful and has some awesome grass and water effects- heres a shot of water- sorry its blurry again couldnt get a shot of it-

PICT0051.jpg

Back