My Matrix Revolutions Views

Brent

Regular
I won't ruin any of it for people that haven't seen it yet. So this post is spoiler free.

I am first going to jump right to the ending since it is the biggest gripe I have. It was predictable, oh so predictable. What happened is exactly what you would have expected to happen basically. They didn't go far enough with it; they should have shown some kind of scene that said like "10 years from now" showing how things have progressed and carry that a bit further and that might have been a little bit better. With the way the ending is now it’s so flat, it is like: "Well, that’s it".

I still noticed a few places that were very obviously computer generated Neo fighting. I think I also noticed his stunt man. There was one fight scene where it just simply did not look like Neo's face at all. Those things could have been forgiven if the movie was really really good.

There was a lot of dribble about Choice and stuff in the movie, none of which mattered or materialized in any big way when the end came.

I'll put it this way, if you enjoyed Matrix 1 and Reloaded you will probably like this one. If you didn't like them, you won't like this one either.

If anything though see this just so you can see what happens and put an end to the trilogy.

Personally I liked it, but I’m a huge scifi geek to begin with and like stories like this :p

On my list of best to worse I'd put Matrix 1 as the best one of the trilogy with Revolutions as the second, and finally Reloaded as the worse.

I am going to see Revolution again with another friend this week so maybe I'll have different views after seeing it a second time.

Brent, you realize why they ended as they did? So sequels cannot be made. They say, "This is what happens now," and bam, that's the way it goes period. The Wachowskis are never making another sequel to the Matrix, nor are they going to do anything like it again. Wooh.

Umm, that would be the day the first one opened.

Star Wars: A New Hope was the ice breaker in merchandising tie-ins. I remember having tons of those silly little action figures. Even ones that weren't in the movie.

It was something else that ruined that franchise...like Lucas thinking he could write.

I think its a bit premature there wont be more movies... The matrix online game follows the end of the current trilogy...

I beg to differ, Brent on how the endings related to the option of choice in the matrix. Think a little on the irony of both situations and they do in fact fit.

I hope that doesnt give anything away to anyone.

I think that choice is very important to this movie except that it is the machines/programs time to make decisions. The Oracle makes two choices in the movie that seem counterintuitive to a machine's decision tree. The ending is heavily foreshadowed in the first two movies, and I'm not sure exactly how else this could conclude. I didn't really like the coda at the end of the first movie, and am glad that we don't have one here.

This ending is quite ambiguous. I liked it a lot... No reason to think the wars wont start up again later. If machines wont break their bargains as they evolve themselves and gain a greater ability to choose. Certainly humans can at some point break it...

BTW, nobody I know IRL picked up on this:

The cliché end served an important purpose. Think back to the Architect's speech in Reloaded... Neo had to... fulfill his role as "The One".

Back