My Intel X3100 does DX10 :)

Half Life 2 (colours seemed slightly off in some cases, eg some underwater objects)
- Half Life 2 Episode One
- Half Life 2 Episode Two
- Portal
- Far Cry
- Crysis (DX9 worked fine, DX10 worked, but had some rendering issues with certain trees, some white speckle)
- BioShock demo (DX9 and DX10 both appeared to render correctly)
im sorry i dont know how your getting this i have the latest drivers and my lapptop still gets handed to by everything you mentioned but far cry and it ran choppy
what are the specs of your laptop? maybe im doing somthing wrong
T2370 1.73GHz 533Mhz fsb 1GB 667MHz Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 120g 5400 rpm HDD
im not disputing you i just want mine to run like that:cry:

I was just listing games that worked on my system. I didn't mean to imply that they played well.
Of that list, only HL2 and Far Cry are quite playable at decent settings in 1280x800... You can get about 20-25 fps out of them in most cases.
HL2:Ep1 is doable if you reduce the detail a bit, but the others are generally too slow for a good playing experience.
Thing is just that some of these games didn't work until the 15.8 or 15.9 drivers. Crysis for example... I also had some problems with Far Cry, but that could also have been a problem with my installation. I've reinstalled it and patched it to 1.4 now, and then it works okay, reasonable speed and no rendering bugs.

I've also found that some newer games seem to have problems with the memory. Eg, after playing HL2:Ep1/Ep2 at high settings, it takes a long time to exit the game to the desktop, lots of swapping going on.
I suppose that has to do with the fact that the IGP can take up to 384 mb of main memory, not leaving enough for the OS and the game itself. I wouldn't be surprised if some games ran better if you have more than 2 gb of memory.

My laptop runs Vista Home Premium, has a T5250 processor (1.5 GHz), 2 gb memory (667 MHz dualchannel DDR2) and ofcourse the GM965 chipset with the integrated X3100. It has a 1280x800 screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay i misread then, hL2 is still giving me problems though i wouldent mind running it at lower settings but the game never runs. Ive reinstalled steam/Hl2 4 time and nothing... probably isnt the igp's fault though. Far cry runs better now for some reason my computer is just pissing me off today:devilish:
I had no illusions about crysis and bioshock running smoothly:rolleyes:
I've also found that some newer games seem to have problems with the memory. Eg, after playing HL2:Ep1/Ep2 at high settings, it takes a long time to exit the game to the desktop, lots of swapping going on.

The slowdown is even worse on my system. Better get another gig of ram, my laptop dosnt support more than 2 gigs so thats the best i can do.
Im just going to go all out on my next laptop even with my monster system upstairs i still find myself using my 15 inch dell laptop more.

Ah, well I have completed HalfLife 2 on my X3100 last week... So it works from A to Z on my PC. I played a fully updated version through Steam, on Vista Home Premium (32-bit).
I've played through about 75% of Ep1 so far, so that seems to work aswell.
It seems to suffer from a similar problem as the regular HL2 though, with objects in the distance sometimes appearing far too bright. I haven't seen that problem in any other games.
I can also run the Lost Coast video benchmark okay...

On a side-note, I read that Fujitsu-Siemens wants to introduce an external videocard for their Amilo series (I have an Amilo). It's supposed to be based on a GeForce 8600. I might get that if it's not too expensive, and compatible with my system.

It seems to suffer from a similar problem as the regular HL2 though, with objects in the distance sometimes appearing far too bright. I haven't seen that problem in any other games.
just be glad your steam works...

Well, I'm almost at the end of HL2:Ep1, but now it's getting a bit unstable.
It doesn't always crash at the same spot, but every now and then the game just closes down.
Could be a driver issue. Nevertheless the framerates are playable in most of the game, and I think I can still complete it.

Well, I don't have XP, and I don't have a display that can do 1920x1200.
But here are the results for Vista in 1280x800:
Code:
[ GDI ]              4690
           Text :    2553
         Square :     265
         Circle :     927
         BitBlt :     945
[ D2D ]              1021
   Sprite    10 :  259.04 FPS  (    25)
   Sprite   100 :  162.27 FPS  (   162)
   Sprite   500 :   40.00 FPS  (   200)
   Sprite  1000 :   20.41 FPS  (   204)
   Sprite  5000 :    4.28 FPS  (   214)
   Sprite 10000 :    2.16 FPS  (   216)
[ OGL ]              1121
  Scene 1 Score :     643
  Lines (x1000) : (  68340)
  Scene 1  CPUs : (     16)
  Scene 2 Score :     478
Polygons(x1000) : (  13490)
  Scene 2  CPUs : (      8)

Hi everyone :)
I am also interested in this topic (Thats why i registered) and i want to know if there is any improvement with X3100 and intel drivers (specially 15.9)

Here is my benchmark with CrystalMark2004R3 (1280x800)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalMark Result || *i removed few things from here , so check the screenshot for more details on benchmark*
Display Mode : 1280 x 800 32bit (None)
CrystalMark : 108162
[ GDI ] 2795
Text : 13
Square : 867
Circle : 1414
BitBlt : 501

[ D2D ] 2740

Sprite 10 : 81.81 FPS ( 8)
Sprite 100 : 77.92 FPS ( 77)
Sprite 500 : 60.53 FPS ( 302)
Sprite 1000 : 47.86 FPS ( 478)
Sprite 5000 : 17.81 FPS ( 890)
Sprite 10000 : 9.85 FPS ( 985)

[ OGL ] 3307

Scene 1 Score : 2610
Lines (x1000) : ( 386853)
Scene 1 CPUs : ( 64)
Scene 2 Score : 697
Polygons(x1000) : ( 24637)
Scene 2 CPUs : ( 16)

System Information

Display Mode : 1280 x 800 32bit
Memory : 1003 MB
DirectX : 9.0c
CPU
CPU Name : Intel Core 2 Duo (Allendale)
Vendor String : GenuineIntel
Name String : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz
Platform : LGA775
CPU Type : Original OEM processor
Number(Logical) : 2
Family : 6
Model : F
Stepping : D
Feature : MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 XD VT Intel 64
Clock : 1795.39 MHz
Data Rate : QDR
L1 I-Cache : 32 KB
L1 D-Cache : 32 KB
L2 Cache : 2048 KB [Full:1795.39 MHz]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
All above were running on Linux (Hardy Heron) , with kernel 2.6.24-17 and using intel driver (xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.2.1Ubuntu13) by using wine-1.0-rc3 and patched with 3dMark patch with some directx9.0c dll's and about the result there might be (+/- 15% difference on windows)

and finally here is the screenshot

Get out the pitchforks boys, we got us a live one :devilish:

Claim down , I had posted some thing about 4 times , and in each time its not showing up (Although its just get removed , Maybe?!) and btw i am really sure some one is removing my posts! as in the last time my post was successfully posted after the post where it says "TEST".

Anyone could just tell me whats going on here or at lest clear it to me , please?

Claim down , I had posted some thing about 4 times , and in each time its not showing up
As a measure against spammers, (and your name didn't help!), new members must await moderation for some posts.

I've now approved ONE of your many posts and will delete the duplicates.

Intel has officially released new 15.11 drivers for Vista.
See the release notes:
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/16777/eng/relnotes_winvista_gfx.htm

Apparently we're getting OpenGL 2.0 at last, and a bunch of bugfixes. Hopefully they've improved DX10 compatibility and performance. I'll be playing with these drivers tonight. I'd like to see if I can get through any of the 3DMark Vantage tests now, and I wonder if more of the DX10 SDK samples work now.

I forgot to follow up on this one...
The reason is simple: there's not much to report on these new drivers.
I've not found any significant performance difference between the 15.9 and 15.11 drivers, and all the rendering bugs and issues I could remember were still there.

I've not dabbled with OpenGL much... There's supposed to be OGL 2.0 support now. But I could only think of PhysX FluidMark to test it. It didn't run before, and it still doesn't run now. I think the error message is different now though, just a missing extension.
I suppose I could try Doom3 on it, that never worked before.

But on the D3D side, nothing much seems to have changed. One thing I noticed was that there was a 'twitch' in the desktop sometimes (I think when switching power modes). It wasn't there before the DX10 drivers. On these 15.11 drivers I haven't seen it yet, so perhaps it's fixed now, or at least not as often/apparent as before.

There's supposed to be OGL 2.0 support now. But I could only think of PhysX FluidMark to test it.

Shame on you for not testing it on that humungous slice of gaming goodness Freespace 2 Open

Hail its mightyness.........

Well, at least Doom3 didn't run. The loading console showed a lot of missing extensions and wgl-functions.
I also tried to run some demos. Older OpenGL stuff seems to work, but the newer stuff generally trips over missing extensions.
I'm not sure if these extensions should be part of OpenGL 2.0 specs, but some of them looked pretty trivial (to do with pixelformat and things).
So I guess at least on X3100, the OpenGL support is either not 2.0, or it is so minimal that it it isn't actually useful, because even the most basic extensions aren't there, like they are on ATi and nVidia cards (I know I could at least run Doom3 on my old Radeon IGP340M, a Radeon 7000-class DX7 part, so it doesn't require that much. Since the X3100 is a DX10 part, it should support every feature easily, there just aren't any extensions to expose them).

All in all, OpenGL is still incredibly poor on the X3100.

I downloaded GPU Caps Viewer to inspect the OpenGL stuff on the X3100.

It does indeed report OGL 2.0 support, but only 63 supported extensions.
If I compare that to my 8800GTS, it supports OGL 2.1 (and soon 3.0) and has 161 supported extensions.
So well, it looks like Intel is technically right about the OGL 2.0 support, but it's so minimal that it isn't actually useful in practice.
Most of the demos included in the GPU Caps Viewer didn't actually work on the X3100 either.

I am not sure i should be asking this here but anyway, someone might know something i dont.

My girlfriend bought a Notebook a few months ago and i tried to install The Sims 2 on it, as you can imagine the laptop is fairly decent, a Merom C2D with 4GB RAM and X3100. Now when i launch The Sims and start playing for a few minutes the game freezes and needs to be killed from the task manager. I know its not a broken installation as i tried uninstaling it and reinstalling it. I have applied the patch as well and have the latest drivers for X3100 available from the DELL website (I cant seem to install normal Intel drivers on it for some reason).

Anyway, sorry if its off topic, its just that i am kind of baffled since i expected the game to run decently at low settings.

Edit: Its with Vista 32 Home premium OS

Back