Musk bought Twitter, what hasn't gone wrong?

How dare this Ian bloke ask questions that Musk can't answer. Like asking him to explain what he just said.

Outrageous.

ikr, rite. it's like a man can't say some any old shit and other people have to listen.

it's a contravention of his First Amendment rights.

Or something.

COVID clearly taught us that we don't need experts any more, all we need is more voices.

it's the power of free speech. more people saying more stuff == more intelligents.

why pay money for rocket scientists or brain surgeons when Barry from down the pub will do the same job for a tenth of the price because how hard can it be?

Ouch. An editorial by an actual Tesla investor:

As an investor and owner of said vehicle, I agree. He needs to go. He says twitter is main priority, I don't care. Leave tesla, don't need him. Leave tesla regardless. There is still a product here that people want, but he's nose bombing tesla right now with all his focus on Twitter. There is a reason why spacex is doing so well, he no longer runs it.

Mirror for those interested:

You can also change the www to old to avoid the Reddit login.

BTW, GeoHot quit.
“Resigned from Twitter today.

Appreciate the opportunity, but didn’t think there was any real impact I could make there. Besides, it was sad to see my GitHub withering. Back to coding!”

Last I checked, he wasn’t allowed to “fix” (read: comment out a line of code) the login popup. I assume he didn’t make it through search, either.

Last edited:
There are two things about Musk:
- He is hard with the teams
- Some of his companies have huge success

And the life of Tesla|SpaceX|etc is connected somehow to Twitter.
Politics

He will never say the truth why he is doing it

As an investor and owner of said vehicle, I agree.
It boggles the mind that Musk was once considered a tolerable asset for Tesla. Most of the senior people at Tesla would have known what he was actually like so that must have been a full freak out when the rumours first began to circulate that he might buy Twitter because they would have known that there would be no way to PR manage him.

It boggles the mind that Musk was once considered a tolerable asset for Tesla. Most of the senior people at Tesla would have known what he was actually like so that must have been a full freak out when the rumours first began to circulate that he might buy Twitter because they would have known that there would be no way to PR manage him.
We needed a disruptor, someone willing to push boundaries outside of the needs of profit, profit eould come after. Investors seeing his business sense with Twitter, are right to eject. The implications for telsa with Elon at the helm are not good.

He is attacking his paying customers directly on Twitter and indirectly for Tesla. Pretty stupid I would say.

Most people can accept the bad with the good. But it’s lately become overwhelmingly bad.

People change. Someone like Steve Jobs changed for the better, Musk changed for the worse.

People change. Someone like Steve Jobs changed for the better, Musk changed for the worse.

Exactly. I imagine Musks sanity has been steadily spiraling downwards. Dude probably has shit sleep, is under constant medication, has reduced his attention span down to 15 seconds, and is surrounded by yes-men cleaning up after his mess.

surrounded by yes-men
its deliberate. IIRC there's a report somewhere that his leadership methodology

1. get people to come for meeting for unreasonable stuff
2. ppl that says its unreasonable wont be invited to the next meeting

repeat multiple times

Back