Musk bought Twitter, what hasn't gone wrong?

Elon Musk reportedly fires Twitter content moderation staff in Ireland and Singapore​

Twitter, under new owner Elon Musk, has made deeper cuts into its already radically diminished trust and safety team that handles global content moderation, as well as to the unit related to hate speech and harassment, according to sources.

At least a dozen more cuts on Friday night affected workers in the company’s Dublin and Singapore offices, sources said. They included Nur Azhar bin Ayob, the head of site integrity for Twitter’s Asia-Pacific region, a relatively recent hire, and Analuisa Dominguez, Twitter’s senior director of revenue policy.

Workers on teams handling the social network’s misinformation policy, global appeals and state media on the platform were also eliminated.

Ella Irwin, Twitter’s head of trust and safety, confirmed several members of the teams had been cut but denied that they targeted some of the areas mentioned by Bloomberg.

Don't forget
Staged demo

Tesla's widely viewed 2016 Autopilot demonstration video showing the system stopping for red lights and moving off again when the light changed to green was faked, according to the director of Autopilot software, Ashok Elluswamy. Elluswamy made the statement under oath during a deposition for a lawsuit brought against Tesla following the fatal crash of Apple engineer Walter Huang in 2018.

Last edited:
Fake it till you make it.

Its... Okay... for software stuff that didn't endanger people, I think. Because that's what's needed to lure investors.

But for cars and medical?

Huge nope

Since Twitter zapped third party API, I have not looked at Twitter at all other than save the names of people I followed and recreate as many of them as are available in Mastodon. I only ever accessed Twitter through Twitterific on iOS and Tweetbot on the desktop.

I am definitely spending a lot less time on the internet and sites I used to visit fairly regularly aren't seeing my traffic any more. E.g. I used to follow Eurogamer on Twitter and would read the odd review or article that interested me, but they're not on Mastodon so I'm not reading Eurogamer at all.

I actually think this is a positive for me. Who knew!

Since Twitter zapped third party API, I have not looked at Twitter at all other than save the names of people I followed and recreate as many of them as are available in Mastodon. I only ever accessed Twitter through Twitterific on iOS and Tweetbot on the desktop.

I am definitely spending a lot less time on the internet and sites I used to visit fairly regularly aren't seeing my traffic any more. E.g. I used to follow Eurogamer on Twitter and would read the odd review or article that interested me, but they're not on Mastodon so I'm not reading Eurogamer at all.

I actually think this is a positive for me. Who knew!

Yay for another person spending less time on the internet and hopefully more time out in real life. :)

Regards,
SB

Musk talked drivers into taking the risk for him. Until owners happen to win a lawsuit anyway. Mercedes is applying for level 3, not Tesla. Apparently he is charismatic and convincing though to lots of folks. I'm not saying he is dumb though. Getting others to take the risk and you take the profit is pretty smart.

Last edited:
Been busy with other aspects so haven't been feeding the reports of dumpster fires, but here's a recent one...

Twitter has no communications department to follow up to confirm if the apparent outage is due to a bug or recent product update, both possible causes as reported by CNBC.

Back