Musk bought Twitter, what hasn't gone wrong?

I ask myself what kind of soccer mom middle class american bubble does one have to live in to not know just from the sound of it that any "election integrity team" is nothing but a bunch of useful idiots having useless meatings so the company can pretend to the public that they give a shit.

I dont even know, but from the sound of it alone I'd bet money it was created right after the Trump/Hillary ellection because allegedly Trump only won because Russian spies used analytics and bought ads.

What next? Is Jeff Bezos gonna shut down the "commette for magically solving all issues on planet earth". How heartless could he be?

I ask myself what kind of soccer mom middle class american bubble does one have to live in to not know just from the sound of it that any "election integrity team" is nothing but a bunch of useful idiots having useless meatings so the company can pretend to the public that they give a shit.

I dont even know, but from the sound of it alone I'd bet money it was created right after the Trump/Hillary ellection because allegedly Trump only won because Russian spies used analytics and bought ads.

What next? Is Jeff Bezos gonna shut down the "commette for magically solving all issues on planet earth". How heartless could he be?
yeah if you cant do something perfectly, better off not doing anything at all

:rolleyes:

At this point, it seems to me that it's probably best to assume that anything Musk does regarding twitter is done for the worst possible of reasons. He's almost given up the pretence of being an honest broker at the helm of the company.

Musk has done some good stuff with Tesla and SpaceX, but he was a really, really bad match for twitter and he's wealthy enough not to really care as he dismantles much of what was good about the platform.

yeah if you cant do something perfectly, better off not doing anything at all

:rolleyes:

Sometimes, yes. For one Bullshit-Jobs™ alone are a real societal problem that corrodes human spirit, and rewards uselessness (either out of naivite/ignorance or out of dishonety)

But also, these kinds of departments that pretend to work on an issue that they have no means to actually adress create a false sense of safety that we would be wiser without. Its like wearing a helmet and seatbelt that will break apart on impact.

Sometimes, doing nothing IS better than doing a bad job. I think people dont talk about this enough.

Well a while back, Twitter did have some moderation and blocking of trollfarm accounts, but since our "free speech absolutist" let everything go in regard to censorship, there indeed isn't much use for "integrity" teams.

Well a while back, Twitter did have some moderation and blocking of trollfarm accounts, but since our "free speech absolutist" let everything go in regard to censorship, there indeed isn't much use for "integrity" teams.

And it was allegedly filled with bots, not unlike facebook, many of whitch the companies deliberately ignored and used to inflate their usage stats to investors and clients. Fraud basically.

But they had teams with the word "Integrity" in them, so that was good enough for you, aparently. See how having a phony team is worse than having none? At least there is less lying.

Thanks for proving my point.

Last edited:
Sometimes, yes. For one Bullshit-Jobs™ alone are a real societal problem that corrodes human spirit, and rewards uselessness (either out of naivite/ignorance or out of dishonety)

But also, these kinds of departments that pretend to work on an issue that they have no means to actually adress create a false sense of safety that we would be wiser without. Its like wearing a helmet and seatbelt that will break apart on impact.

Sometimes, doing nothing IS better than doing a bad job. I think people dont talk about this enough.
sure but in this instance we know there have been and are issues with twitter (and other social media) and its weaponization by nation states etc. so trying to stop it or at least understand it first seems to be worthwhile

as an expample facebook had insane growth and spread all around the world but the employees did not grow at the same rate and this was exploited during the arab spring (and after of course) and when they tried to moderate, they missed crucial and dangerous activity by malicious actors because they lacked the cultural context

sure but in this instance we know there have been and are issues with twitter (and other social media) and its weaponization by nation states etc. so trying to stop it or at least understand it first seems to be worthwhile

as an expample facebook had insane growth and spread all around the world but the employees did not grow at the same rate and this was exploited during the arab spring (and after of course) and when they tried to moderate, they missed crucial and dangerous activity by malicious actors because they lacked the cultural context

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. An idiot playing hero is more dangerous and potentialy destructive than someone staying in their corner.

What is Bob's malicious actors is Joe's war hero.

Stupid example: Jedi rebels were technically violent terrorists.

I dont want any single third party making those decision for the rest of the world, no matter how big their "Moderation and goodie good rainbows and flowers department" is. Your example proves how hard it is to understand "cultural context" But the reality is there is no end goal where one can say "we get it now". What is harmful and what is important dissent will always be up for debate and have wildly differing opinions shared across different world citizens.

By the way, twitter files revealed that when push comes to shove, these "ethics departments" will end up being pressured by intelligence agencies and the army/war machine that does not always have the global populus best interests in mind.

Oh, yeah, but the collective opinion machine told us the twitter files were a "nothing burger" so we didnt even see it, right?

Last edited:
What is harmful and what is important dissent will always be up for debate and have wildly differing opinions shared across different world citizens.
this is not it, this is being killed for something you posted on social media

this is not it, this is being killed for something you posted on social media

Hypothetically, if ukranians can use social media to locate and neutralize a group of russian soldiers, do you consider that a positive or a negative?

And it was allegedly filled with nots, bot unlike facebook, many of whitch the companies deliberately ignored and used to inflate their usage stats to investors and clients. Fraud basically.

But they had teams with the word "Integrity" in them, so that was good enough for you, aparently. See how having a phony team is worse than having none? At least there is less lying.

Thanks for proving my point.
Well the amount of these "nots" is now higher than before; they used to do at least something for the issue. I don't care if it was the work of your your loathed team but the trend is pitiful.

Hypothetically, if ukranians can use social media to locate and neutralize a group of russian soldiers, do you consider that a positive or a negative?
i would say in a war, thats legitimate. operational security. its kind of like a submarine captain geotagging himself or something

what i am talking about is a civilian posting something and their government either directly targeting them for torture and or death, or using rhetoric on social media etc that spurs on other non-government people to target the person for torture and or death. in the second example, moderators unfamiliar with the local culture and slang whatever wont understand the significance of a seemingly innocuous post because they have to use google translate

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. An idiot playing hero is more dangerous and potentialy destructive than someone staying in their corner.

So we should just give up on good intentions?

By the way, twitter files revealed that when push comes to shove, these "ethics departments" will end up being pressured by intelligence agencies and the army/war machine that does not always have the global populus best interests in mind.

What do you mean?

Back