Motorstorm Update now available

I've got the 60Gb version and to be honest I haven't noticed any percepatble change in loading times. Doesn't matter though, still looks and plays like a dream (especially on the hdtv!)

Now that we're here, I just wanted to say that this game holds up really, really well. I guess it's even more striking to me now that Dirt is out, which was the first game that could have seriously challenged it for me. For now, it's still one of the finest online racing games, especially with it's 12 player support and awesome physics (Dirt is really a let-down in that respect) and alternate routes and different vehicle types.

GT5 Prologue will probably be the first game that can challenge it in that respect, although of course they are very different experiences.

Now that we're here, I just wanted to say that this game holds up really, really well. I guess it's even more striking to me now that Dirt is out, which was the first game that could have seriously challenged it for me. For now, it's still one of the finest online racing games, especially with it's 12 player support and awesome physics (Dirt is really a let-down in that respect) and alternate routes and different vehicle types.

GT5 Prologue will probably be the first game that can challenge it in that respect, although of course they are very different experiences.

It really is a great game - and perfectly balanced. Just a shame they didn't pack it with content - including the time attack, eliminator etc from the beginning. Here's to having to pay for content tomorrow.

Well to be fair though the time attack was a free update. ;)

Well to be fair though the time attack was a free update. ;)

True :)

I never got the complaints about not enough tracks though. It would be nice to have more of course, but they are beasts of tracks - and are completely different depending on which vehicle you use. Though I do wish they would have held a few back for each Level. I'm only Level 3, but I think all of the tracks have already been shown to me, and I want there to be more in order to motivate me to want to do Level 4.

The one thing that pretty much breaks the game for me, is the fact there's no split screen option for two players. I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to play online, playing side by side with a friend (and perhaps few beers) is what racing games are all about.

I just upgraded this morning too. Have not gotten around to play it yet. I really like how Sony refreshes my games to make them keep up with time.

I guess the mirror mode is only available as an option in online matches, as I couldn't find any way to do it in SP mode. Shame really, while I appalud the effort to keep their OL fresh, I don't understand why they wouldn't incorporate it into the SP. In order to enjoy the mirrors, you have to race against god's and legends and sit through the long wait of setting up matches in the lobby. Sigh..

haven't got it yet, but i was assuming you could do the single player tickets mirrored... i'll download and see, if not hopefully next patch :p

Back