Motorstorm Update now available

rounin

Veteran
It seemed like the Motorstorm 1.2 update was available to EU gamers first. However, I think the update has gone global along with the online expansion pack. Simply update by starting online mode or downloading the expansion pack from the PSN Store.

From what I read the 1.2 patch is out, but nothing on the store yet. Reports are that loading times are better too.

I hit up the store first to download the time attack thing, and then the when starting the game my resolution would switch and the screen would stay black with the PS3 going completly unreponsive. After shutting it off by the power button and trying again only to reach the same results, I found I had to delete the 1.1 update to get the game working again. I'm downloading the updates now and hopefully all will stay welll now.

I thinks the disclaimer for the new mode in the Store tells you that you need to download the 1.2 update from inside Motorstorm, before downloading the mot from the Store.

I hit up the store first to download the time attack thing, and then the when starting the game my resolution would switch and the screen would stay black with the PS3 going completly unreponsive. After shutting it off by the power button and trying again only to reach the same results, I found I had to delete the 1.1 update to get the game working again. I'm downloading the updates now and hopefully all will stay welll now.

I think morlock's hint is correct. In order to use the time attack mode, the 1.2 patch must be downloaded. I didn't have to uninstall the 1.1 patch (firstly because I didn't know how), and simply followed the instructions.

The new time attack mode seems to be helpful more than fun. Helpful because it tells you how the really good players actually play, where they go, and in general how they tackled the course. I was hoping the ghosts I downloaded would actually show me where they boosted and for how long, but they don't.

Yeah, needing to get the new update first is mention near the bottom of the bigger description after you select the item, but it isn't mentioned at all in the smaller description when browsing the store and that is all I bothered to read before downloading it. Regardless, after deleting the 1.1 patch and the redownloading the time trial addon it seems I'm up to date.

Unfortunately, now with this new update, every time I try to mute my mic I get kicked clear back to the XMB. :(

So, any confirmation on load times?

Not from me, just the typical Internet chatter.

Edit: I noticed no speed up in loading in the one race I tried, wishful thinking I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
So FINALLY my friends list shows up, it's about time.
Indifferent2.gif

20GB, but pretty sure the game doesn't use the HDD for anything but saving. At least I don't recall seeing the light flashing any other time.

Ok... I own a 20Gb too, just want to make sure it's not because of the HDD. I will get the game tomorrow. See you guys online !

Back