"MIT developing $100 laptops for children"

Sounds great, but I wonder if PCs really are what these people need first and foremost. Do they have clean water and sanitation for example? How about decent housing? Food on the table every day, etc?

Guden Oden said:
Sounds great, but I wonder if PCs really are what these people need first and foremost. Do they have clean water and sanitation for example? How about decent housing? Food on the table every day, etc?

Who needs water when you can play HL2 all day?! The kids will move less therefore they'll need less water and food :devilish: It's genius!!

london-boy said:
Guden Oden said:

Who needs water when you can play HL2 all day?! The kids will move less therefore they'll need less water and food :devilish: It's genius!!

YEAH....and one brother can work on in room bycycle so the other can play...and then they change places every 30 mins.....

(i pitty the one that gets tired and laptop runs out of power just as older brother is about to kill final boss)......

yap, purely genius.... :LOL:

silence said:
london-boy said:
Guden Oden said:

YEAH....and one brother can work on in room bycycle so the other can play...and then they change places every 30 mins.....

(i pitty the one that gets tired and laptop runs out of power just as older brother is about to kill final boss)......

yap, purely genius.... :LOL:

Infinite energy!!!

They're not going to be sold, they're meant to be GIVEN away. Like these people have $100 anyway when the brightest object in their house is the LCD screen. :p

Guden Oden said:

And how are they both related? :rolleyes: Both are seperate issues which should be dealt accordingly.

Why would they be separate issues? Where do you start building a house - roof or foundation?

If these kids don't have basic neccessities, why are we spending money buying computers for them, that'd be just stupid.

Guden Oden said:
Why would they be separate issues? Where do you start building a house - roof or foundation?

If these kids don't have basic neccessities, why are we spending money buying computers for them, that'd be just stupid.

Well obviously they're not giving laptops to starving babies in Sudan with a 2 year life expectancy!

wait , mit is giving 100$ laptops away in exchange for children ? Did they find a way to power americas energy needs by using poor children ?

These men are smarter than I thought

Guden Oden said:

So we should wait with this kind of help because other stuff is not fully solved yet? In the long run giving computers to these kids is bound to do a lot more for their development than food handouts. It's the "give a man a fish"/"learn fishing" thing. It helps with their education and builds a foundation to grow an economy on.

Back