Microsoft’s Regional Director Rips Blu-Ray Questions Sony's Strategy

eb said:
depends what you call significant? MotoGP 06, Hitman, Xmen, Fifa WC are all top titles that will sell well...not that I bought any of them!

However if I look through the 'coming soon' list there's only really a handful that grab my eye...and there's a worrying trend of games being (continuously) delayed (Read GoW & Dead Rising for example).

I'd say none of the titles you listed are significant. They will sell in small numbers but they are certainly not comperable to an Oblivion or GRAW.

Gears of war delayed? When is it coming out now?

Dead rising never interested me as a buy - a rent maybe.

I think Tomb Raider has potential if it's heavily marketed. It's still a well known franchise and the last iteration is actually a quality game from teh sounds of it.

I guess since it's on PS2 and XBOX already, it loses much of the appeal though.

Oh well, June #'s will be interesting, can't say much till then.

scooby_dooby said:
I think Tomb Raider has potential if it's heavily marketed. It's still a well known franchise and the last iteration is actually a quality game from teh sounds of it.

I guess since it's on PS2 and XBOX already, it loses much of the appeal though.

Oh well, June #'s will be interesting, can't say much till then.

Scoob have you played it? While I agree it is nice that it's on 360 I wouldn't quite say system seller. Don't get me wrong it wasn't bad and was upgraded over the xbox/ps2 versions but hardly system showcase enough to loosen up the wallet. :)

This fall should be quite exciting on the games front.

TheChefO said:
Scoob have you played it? While I agree it is nice that it's on 360 I wouldn't quite say system seller. Don't get me wrong it wasn't bad and was upgraded over the xbox/ps2 versions but hardly system showcase enough to loosen up the wallet. :)

This fall should be quite exciting on the games front.

No not system seller, but did you really expect a true system seller to be released in summer? I think it's one of the stronger titles to push during the summer months, but of course, you're gonna have to get them into GRAW, Oblivion, FN3, PGR or one of the other system sellers to make the purchase.

p.s. nope haven't playd it ;)

scooby_dooby said:
No not system seller, but did you really expect a true system seller to be released in summer? I think it's one of the stronger titles to push during the summer months, but of course, you're gonna have to get them into GRAW, Oblivion, FN3, PGR or one of the other system sellers to make the purchase.

p.s. nope haven't playd it ;)

Nah not at this point, but actually last year at e3 I was hopeful GoW would be available about now.

TheChefO said:
I'd say none of the titles you listed are significant. They will sell in small numbers but they are certainly not comperable to an Oblivion or GRAW.
huh, fifa wc will sell more than oblivion or graw (perhaps combined)

About how the Xbox360 sells, I want to add that I may be not the only one who's waiting to see what the competition really is?
Since the end of E3 I lean more in the MS for some games (a matter of taste I know).
But I still want to see what the ps3 really offers.
I somewhat casual buyer. I play guitar it cost me money.
I climb, it cost me money.
399 Euros for xbox360 it's still a lot for me.
I don't consider buy PS3 while it's in this price range, but I can't wait if i set my choice on sony machine.

I'm like lot of gamer..... I wait, these thing are expansive at this time (or will be, ps3).

I'll wait at least until early 2007 (if I go MS) to see if they reach theirs sell figure. If MS reach 10 millions and something units at this time, Xbox360 will have almost as many games as the Ps3 during it's lifetime, if not I'll not buy and wait for an affordable PS3.

I think the discussions here are too geeky when they consider what casual gamers are. For me it's more :"not that much money to spend, nor stupid and a lot of wait and see attitude like "it does well not a risky bet, games are and will be here I go for that if it's in my price range".

zed said:
huh, fifa wc will sell more than oblivion or graw (perhaps combined)

I was speaking strictly from a US point of view. In europe I have no idea how they will or won't purchase the fifa game as I have no idea if it's any good. While I understand Soccer (football) is popular everywhere else but the US, it doesn't mean everyone will buy it just because it says worldcup (or does it?). Like I said I have no idea about the quality of that game but in the US I don't expect big numbers from it.

Back