Metroid Prime commercial on Igncube rightnow

Good Miyamoto this freaking game looks amazing. Retro are witches. And to think this is thier first Gamecube game. Oh and about the 'short' ness of Metroid, try http://cube.ign.com/articles/374/374773p1.html this out. They are saying 20 to 30 hours..that's a sign of relief to me. That's the only thing I was worried about now that the 'jumping' is said to be the most innovative in a fps..er fpa.[/code]

Wow, NOA actually making a great commercial, very surprising ;) Can't wait to play the game now.
Actually didn't the director of "The Crow" and "Dark City" make the commercial? This would explain everything :)

Bleh, this commercial looks flashy and all.. but I don't like the direction.

They barely show any gameplay! C'mon Nintendo.. don't be like Sony now..

iscariot said:
probably won't spend $50 on a short single player FPS but dang if this game don't look good :)

If it's anything like Super Metroid, there'll be at least 20 different paths you can take to the finish, a massive range of extremely advanced tricks that'll let you skip several areas (did so myself recently - I actually pulled off entering the 'back door' of the Wrecked Ship by going ALL THE WAY through Maridia without a Gravity Suit, this on the CONSOLE), and several fun glitches and tricks to play with :D

CeiserSöze said:
Wow, NOA actually making a great commercial, very surprising ;) Can't wait to play the game now.
Actually didn't the director of "The Crow" and "Dark City" make the commercial? This would explain everything :)

uhm, I got a newsflash for you, video game companys dont ever make thier own commercials, they have agencys for that. what they did, was actually pick the right people for the job for once.

CaptainHowdy said:
uhm, I got a newsflash for you, video game companys dont ever make thier own commercials, they have agencys for that. what they did, was actually pick the right people for the job for once.

I know that but I don't think that they have zero influence on how the commercials turn out in the end. They certainly don't just tell those agencies: "Hey, please do a Mario-commercial for us. Oh, and you can do whatever you like." ;)
The first cube-ads were ok but the "clean is better than dirty"-ad was just plain bad. The Metroid Prime ad is great though - makes me want to play the game even more and that's what commercials should do...

I think the commercial does what it is supposed to do. You show less of the game to gain interest in gamers. It made everyone want to see more of the game and the only way you could see more is to either buy the game or rent it. It may get people that haven't purchased a GC decide this is the time to get one. Also the Platinum GC and MP combination is viable reason, if its true that Nintendo will be releasing it as a bundle also.

Ooh-videogames said:
I think the commercial does what it is supposed to do. You show less of the game to gain interest in gamers. It made everyone want to see more of the game and the only way you could see more is to either buy the game or rent it. It may get people that haven't purchased a GC decide this is the time to get one. Also the Platinum GC and MP combination is viable reason, if its true that Nintendo will be releasing it as a bundle also.

peronally, I have seen plenty of the games footage, and it makes me want to play it more than made up cutscenes, I do not like this approach, though it is cool, they should have just cut out some of the CG and shown more gameplay, a nice balance there, I too agree with the guy who says its getting too Sony, I think Tekken 4 was the first PS2 game advertised that has ever shown actual gameplay.

The commercial was 'ok'. I didn't really care for the Live Action sequences because frankly it reminded me of the crap you'd see on a bad Power Rangers episode or something. Worse still, the voice over narration coupled with the corny script ('emptiness of space punctuated by evil' or whatever yadda yadda yadda) made me cringe. The game itself looks great though and I'd buy it but certainly not because of this commercial.

Its not perfect obviously but its still easily the best game advert I've ever seen, far better then those terrible third place adverts anyway :)

I've seen the 15 second spot several times tonight. It's good but the actual game footage is like 3 seconds and alien guts get blown up on the visor as soon as it starts to show it. Poor choice of footage to show but a good commercial nonetheless.

The new EGM has the *gasp* print ads for Metroid Prime and Fusion. They are both good and have nice catchy phrases like, "Use Everything At Your Disposal, Dispose Of Everything" at the top and then at the bottom "Evil must be exterminated. But first it must be found."

The Fusion ad looks the almost the same and says, "Sometimes The Only Way To Defeat A Predator Is To Become One." Then at the bottom it reads "Evil has a new face. And this time, it's yours."

It's good to see Nintendo discovering print ads again. With SFA and MP maybe they'll pay off for them. And the demo DVD disk rocks btw. Lots of footage of upcoming games. It's about time.

er, did I just see a different commercial on TV?

It was short, and the whole thing was basicly a live action shot of Samus jumping out of her ship, followed by a few seconds of terrible quality in-game video of Samus' visor getting splattered.

Both the live action and in-game shots looked lame (not saying the game will be). Carrotop AT&T commercials > Samus

Back