Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Review up!

So what are sales figures for MGS3? How many preorders? First day sales? Have there been any long queues since midnight??

Konami announced they have already received 650,000 pre-orders of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater for PS2, the game will ship in Japan on December 16. Konami is aiming to ship 1 million copies in Japan.

According to Magicbox.

PC-Engine said:
Konami announced they have already received 650,000 pre-orders of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater for PS2, the game will ship in Japan on December 16. Konami is aiming to ship 1 million copies in Japan.

According to Magicbox.

Oh! Forgot to browse magicbox in morning.

**Spoilers** (better late than never) :)

So I finally finished it (~ 21 hrs on normal setting). And I must say it was probably most enjoyable and satisfying experience on PS2 till now. KCEJ has done it again. Great story with fewer (compared with MGS2) twists. Some cool bosses and a hot babe (I would take Eva any day over DOA babes :)). Graphics are stunning with plenty of colors, and how do you rate the fire effects (fight with "the end(?)")?
Last few hrs are simply amazing esp when Snake (or "Big Boss") with EVA on a double (what is it called?) motorcycle with Volgin following them on Shagohod. It was more addicted than probably sex and drugs (but I haven't never tasted either ever).

BTW, what do you make of last coversation, who is ADAM? And to those who haven't played this one, PLAY IT NOW.

Deepak said:
Last few hrs are simply amazing esp when Snake (or "Big Boss") with EVA on a ....
BTW, what do you make of last coversation, who is ADAM? ...
Sounds like something Hideo would do alright, having a little bit of fun with other content, in this case Evangelion.

From magicbox...

"Konami announed they will release a new DVD video called Metal Gear Solid 3: The Extreme Box, which spans into 4 DVDs, contain unpublished secrets, strategies, developer comments, background info of the series of the game. A book called The History of Metal Gear Series will also come packaged with the DVD. The release date is March 29, 2005, for 9800 yen."

pshain_stl said:
****SPOLIER******
:LOL:

BTW, OT from magicbox....

""Sony announced they will release a strategy guide book called Gran Turismo 4 The Bible in Japan on December 28, for 2940 yen. The guide will contain details of B-Spec, all vehicles, gear parts, Photo Mode, analyses of all tracks; plus a bonus 96 minutes DVD strategy guide."

:LOL:

Graphics are so so, especially compared to Xbox or PC quality stuff that are being released in this day and age. I don't even think it amounts to ICO, but whatever.

On the plus side, the story is much better than SOL, and the game is enjoyable.

-Spoiler-

However im getting tired of playing Metal Gear Solid games when i'm NOT playing the main character! Naked Snake granted is better than Raidin, but its still not Solid.

Fred said:
-Spoiler-

However im getting tired of playing Metal Gear Solid games when i'm NOT playing the main character! Naked Snake granted is better than Raidin, but its still not Solid.

But you can't have Solid Snake in a game set in 1960s.

I am playing Merceneries, good game BUT I still can't understand why Gamespot gave it 8.8 and MGS3 8.7

Played it for about 2 hours today .

I wont say anything about the controlls cause i hate the ps2 controller

But the game was good and fun to play . I'd give it a 8.5 or a 9.0 .

I figure its right under re4 , but not to far behind .

Back