Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Review up!

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
IGN = 9.6

10 Presentation
There are several new things to do in the game, but all are easy to navigate. Customizing the backpacks also helps out the in-game action by speeding up the changes.

10 Graphics
As good as it gets on the PS2 with individual blades of grass, ropes on a bridge that can be shot out and tons of other details scattered all over the place. Characters fare just as well with some det

10 Sound
Quality voice acting as always in all aspects and a full range of sound effects that populate the world with noises in the Dolby Pro Logic II setup.

9.6 Gameplay
It's the best iteration of the stealth espionage action seen to date with a world of options available to players. The lack of camera views is understandable, but still a bit disappointing.

9.0 Lasting Appeal
It's easy to see people playing through at least twice if not many more times than that. Different strategies and the frog hunt are the carrots on the stick for replayability here.

9.6 OVERALL:
(out of 10 / not an average)[/quote]

I think the reviewer was way too generous giving the graphics a 10 when I can count the number of colors used on the screen with both hands.

I know that the polygon detail is increased but come on, I've seen the 10 minute E3 movie, the game's graphics suffer from poor unrealistic colors

IGN are terrible - that 9.1 for NFSU 2 should tell you that. :LOL:

I hope the game is better than that god awful demo. :devilish:

Snappy said:

I thought you people decided IGN was godly after they pooped on Killzone? Or was it just the xbotz of the forum who became IGN's bitches because of that review? :devilish:

Akumajou said:
I think the reviewer was way too generous giving the graphics a 10 when I can count the number of colors used on the screen with both hands.

I know that the polygon detail is increased but come on, I've seen the 10 minute E3 movie, the game's graphics suffer from poor unrealistic colors

Have you played the game? A 10 min movie is a poor way to judge a game.

Guden Oden said:
Snappy said:

I thought you people decided IGN was godly after they pooped on Killzone? Or was it just the xbotz of the forum who became IGN's bitches because of that review? :devilish:

G.O. I think snappy is talking about NFS:U2 demo and not MGS3. Anyway I think he likes such colorful games like Killzone and MGS3. :p

Guden Oden said:
Snappy said:

Hammer hits nail.
Nail goes all the way in.

Akumajou said:

I prefer this kind of art direction any day compared with the over colorized look of Halo 2 for example.

Fredi

On one hand, I don't want spoilers. On the other, I want to know whether or not I'm forced to play as a 3-day old infant in the latter half of the game.

It would be some post-modern comment on how infantile war is or something, which may be profound, but definitely not my cup of tea. I don't know if Kojima wanted to go for another head-fake this time.

3dilettante said:
On one hand, I don't want spoilers. On the other, I want to know whether or not I'm forced to play as a 3-day old infant in the latter half of the game.
If that's all you want to know, then rest assure, everybody who played it said you don't play with another character but the one on the picture of the game. :D

Back