Metal Gear Rising: ReVengeance ! Developed by PLATINUM GAMES !!!!

Personally, I thought it controlled well with the exception of using the right analog stick to do rapid sword slicing.I do agree that the dialogue exchanges between Raiden and the other characters was pretty bad.

You can map it to left stick if you want to (which strangely enough feels a bit odd after you spend a few minutes playing it the other way around and get used to it), and for rapid slicing in blade mode you can use X/Square or Y/Triangle. The manual slicing is really not needed but it's nice to play around and cutting things in the environment.

I don't like how the code conversations have a character that moves his mouth randomly instead of lip syncing the dialogues, I'd much prefer to just have a picture of the character speaking than that.

I quite enjoy the demo, more than NG3 and DmC. Play through it multiple times just to try different things. I'll probably pick up the game. My only concern is that Raiden is a monster here. The demo was really easy because of that. I wonder if he will lose his abilities early in the game or something to balance everything out.

I don't mind the environment graphics at all, so long as you can cut them up. Though you can cut most things, there are things you can't. I'm suprised you can cut up bridges but not power poles. It would be nice if the game is more consistent in that regard.

The game remind me more of PS2 Shinobi for some reason. It's a crime we didn't get a sequel to that one for this gen.

I'm sure Raiden in the demo was beefed up for demo purposes.

Well lets hope so, because all the enemies are like fodder now for combo practice.

By the way, you can zandatsu 2 enemies at once, and looks like there might be an instant weapon switching as well.

You can do this in the demo, well at least I did it several times during my many play through. But I reckon the best use of Blade mode is to cancel your attack. You can launch enemy into the air and use zandatsu cancel to do some crazy stuff with them. Pretty fun.

Just finished the demo.

Wow, the demo is very short and have bad picture.

But when I start moving and slashing, all looks good :D

Too bad the finishing move feels awkward. The way raided just making pose and camera slow down....

Why not slash again ugj...

Surprisingly I liked the visuals more than I expected.
I originally thought it was going to be ugly. The framerate sure makes the graphics even more appealing.
The gameplay is top notch too for its kind and it is certainly a hard game based on the demo. I found it more challenging than Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry.

I can not wait, i would like to play right now the game. it was the best game i ever played on the ps2. Hope it will have a good storyline.

After a recent move my internet is back up again so was able to download and play the demo. I like the 60fps and ingame graphics. The game feels like a mix of NG/DMC. Will likely pick this up in the next few months.

Back