Metal Gear Rising: ReVengeance ! Developed by PLATINUM GAMES !!!!

I wonder if Plantinum Games are using their own game engine and assets or if they just took over from the team that was working on MetalGearRising.

Anyways I'm happy with this, Platinum Games have had a great track record so far, and I'm sure they will do an excellent job with this game.

Any thread of realism that would've been retained by Kojima Productions has just been thrown out the window. ULGH.

Raiden some how lifting and throwing a full size Metal Gear Ray? Come on. Leave it to Platinum Games to do such a thing. There is a reason why I avoid Japanese games these days.......
It's totally plausible.
I mean, in MGS4, Raiden managed to physically stop the Outer Haven from crushing Old Snake.

For those of you who said MGS universe was realistic LMFAO...put down the crack pipe. I'm sorry but ever since Raiden was introduced way back in 2...all realism was FUBAR. Do you seriously believe a Ninja could out maneuver bullets? Or jumping 20ft onto a Metal Gear? Or standing underneath the foot of a giant 40 ton MG without being crushed? Seriously? :LOL:

As for Platinum Games they're just following what already existed with the Raiden character's superhuman capabilities within the MGS universe. Don't blame the messenger...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too impressed so far.
Are those slashing combos made for Kinect/Move? It kinda looks like where they would shoehorn that style.

I wish Platinum games would work on Bayonetta 2 instead. Hopefully they are working on it with a separate team.

They also made Vanquished. Now that was a really impressive looking game on both systems. I think it's a really really poor game, but impressive looking nonetheless.

Actually Vanquish is the best third person shooter in this generation easily, its a blast to play and smooth as hell, something lacking in games that make people go crazy like "OMG so cinematic, GOTY material right there guys" and stupid shit like that.

Platinum Games is a great company and Metal gear Rising will be fine, just wait for more gameplay, this trailer give me a God Hand kind of feel and that's good in my book because that game kick ass.

The game is apparently 60fps now which explains the sudden graphics degrade from the initial unveiling. Giving it to Platinum Games can also be a good thing in the long run as Kojima san now has more time to focus on MGS5 "main course" as we all know it.

It's totally plausible.
I mean, in MGS4, Raiden managed to physically stop the Outer Haven from crushing Old Snake.

I hated that too. The ballet breakdancing while fighting the Metal Gear Gekkos was pretty ridiculous and bad enough, but the whole stopping Outer Haven part just made me so mad. Remember the first ever footage of Raiden we got for MGS4, where he fought the three Gekkos using superior mobility, his sword, and leverage with their tentacle feelers? That was awesome, except for the spinning on his hands part.....but up until that point I was utterly convinced and drawn to that kind of action and idea that perhaps a cyborg or exoskeleton equipped human could take on something like the Gekkos in close combat. IT WAS AWESOME.

Actually Vanquish is the best third person shooter in this generation easily, its a blast to play and smooth as hell, something lacking in games that make people go crazy like "OMG so cinematic, GOTY material right there guys" and stupid shit like that.

Agreed...people really need to see how insane the game actually is with someone who has mastered the skills to play it like this.

[YT]nph6YbrwC7E[/YT]

The game is apparently 60fps now which explains the sudden graphics degrade from the initial unveiling. Giving it to Platinum Games can also be a good thing in the long run as Kojima san now has more time to focus on MGS5 "main course" as we all know it.

60fps AND 720p Native...

Devil May Metal Gear?

Sword chopping seems a bit over the top, as well as Raiden being able to pick up a huge mecha and throw it in the air. I'm not a big connaisseur of the series, but I thought the Metal Gear games at least tried to be realistic - that's certainly not the case with this game.

I wonder if it's still a multiplatform game, after all these changes.

looks like the PC version is cancelled.

http://www.gamexeon.com/forum/console-news/81816-metal-gear-rising-menjadi-console-exclusive.html (not english site)
44194ee487b261691.jpg

it only have ps and xbox logo

I think i'm dissappointed a little because the orignal footage produced by Kojipro looked far more beautiful than this. I also preferred the idea of a more stealth/action balance rather than just all out action. He is a cyber ninja after all.

Anyway, Platinum are a fantastic dev and Vanquish was a flippin masterful achievement. If anyone can nail the action gameplay its them. My only fear will be for the quality of the story, narrative and voice acting, as Vanquish's was far too camp and over the top... like a mid 90s childrens cartoon.

Even though MGS4's story was bonkers (the story through the entire five games have been really), where i think Kojipro excel is with the story-telling and quality voice acting. Where i'm concerned, even if a story is mash up, so long as it's told in an engaging way then i can very much enjoy the game. I really rate KojiPro for that.

Anyhow, i suppose that now KP is officially Rising-free, they can get to work ZOE3 for me :devilish:

There are plenty of western games I avoid too ;)

For the most part, the technology in MGS showed some thread of realistic thought in mechanical design and gameplay. When you talk Platinum Games, it's all about over the top zany hack n slash sequences. Part of what makes MGS interesting to me was that in my head I could see such mechanical designs working and making sense. There were limits in to the designs, and the degrees that they could function, which granted them validity.

I'm a fan of science fiction fueling realistic ideas in a manner that makes complete sense. It's personally more engaging for me. I know I'm just one person (before you all start making "well that's just you" comments), but I think it's such focuses that have created the decline of Japanese games in the western market. You see it with Final Fantasy's obsession with unnecessarily grandiose artistic technology design and overly fashion conscience androgynous characters and Japanese knack for quirky teenage melodrama gets old real quick. Anything Suda 51 makes is just silly. Instead of creating a glass of wine of a game, he mixes tequila, sake, and vodka. Where is the finesse? If I wanted some lucid reality questioning bullshit, I'd rather go watch 2001: A Space Odyssey. Perhaps Japanese gamers either never grow up or completely grow out of gaming in their early adult years, but so many JP games are not compatible with western tastes, perhaps because the average western gamer got older and wanted to experience things less about growing up and more about being something realistic and achievable, and I think we need a new thread at this point.......

I agree with u there. The MGS series Is different from the rest of the Japanese stuff, and thats why its special. For all its goofiness, the MGS series still, holds its subject matter serusly, picks themes that are socially relevant and set u thinking about the world which we live in and are heading towards. Thats why I love MGS too. Each game has an overarching theme about our lives and how we percieve it. Thats why I love Kojima ! The game itslef is fun to play as a game too, which makes the package absolutely perfect for me. I like it when games don't take themselves seriously, and I like it when it hits home with some train of thought too. Have found these qualities in very few devs: Kojima and Fumetu Ueda !

The only other Japanese game dev that rocks (for me) is Shinji Mikami for his "fun" gameplay. RE4 rocked and Vanquish is the smoothest, finest TPS ever ! I can see that all the games that I have mentioned do not carry that adoloscent or overly artistic or brash subject matter associated with Japanese games. So, I guess I am on the same page as you.
"Japanese focus on fun gameplay + closer to reality" works wonders.

But if the gameplay is as solid as Bayonetta, I don't mind where its set, or which way the story goes ! ;) and thats why I will keep a lookout for this, if the makers of Bayonetta are working on this, that is ! Do we have any news on that? Is it the same team, or shared members?

Youtube version:

Feels like Vanquish. Boss fights should be interesting.

Yeah, I think may warrant some Move experiments for the cutting action.

They also made Vanquished. Now that was a really impressive looking game on both systems. I think it's a really really poor game, but impressive looking nonetheless.

That's unexpected. Why ?

That's unexpected. Why ?

I just didn't like it at all. It looked bland and muddy, just about every boss encounter was repeated 3 times, the suit's super power was a decidedly goofy looking and wholly unimpressive Jimi Hendrix-esque knee-silde, using powers actually makes the game harder because it's more likely to kill you than help your cause, characters were unlikeable and obnoxious (it was like playing a game where everyone was Rico from Killzone 2) and the story wasn't bad in a good way, but just plain bad instead. Also, just how poorly weapon upgrades were handled was almost impressive.

Read Jim Sterling's Vanquish review on Destructoid. Basically sums up all the reasons why I hated Vanquish, except in an infinitely more eloquent way.

Kojima-san doesn't have to make Metal Gear any more... Kojima-san doesn't have to make Metal Gear any more... Kojima-san doesn't have to make Metal Gear any more... :)

I just didn't like it at all. It looked bland and muddy, just about every boss encounter was repeated 3 times, the suit's super power was a decidedly goofy looking and wholly unimpressive Jimi Hendrix-esque knee-silde, using powers actually makes the game harder because it's more likely to kill you than help your cause, characters were unlikeable and obnoxious (it was like playing a game where everyone was Rico from Killzone 2) and the story wasn't bad in a good way, but just plain bad instead. Also, just how poorly weapon upgrades were handled was almost impressive.

Read Jim Sterling's Vanquish review on Destructoid. Basically sums up all the reasons why I hated Vanquish, except in an infinitely more eloquent way.

Yeah, I was afraid to use Vanquish melee because I got pwned every single time. The combat reminded me of old, simple and fast paced arcade games. So I turned off my story meter right away. :oops:

I do hope we get a shooter with more outrageous melee moves like Vanquish (during boss fight). U3's melee is too tame and slow. i2 is pretty good but a tad simplistic. Gundam Extreme Vs looks even better, but I need to get my hands on it first.

Back