Mathematics and my life

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
Obviously no one is going to hire me if I don't have a PhD in the area, which is why I prefer to do my own private software development work in my spare time with a part time job.
Obviously mathematics is used everywhere, from cooking, cleaning to committing acts of murder. I'm sure you guys can put together what I'm talking about.

What are the least obvious places where I could use mathematics to make money in the way I mentioned above(through software)?
I'm not learning mathematics because I want to make money from it, it's just easier to make money on the side from doing something you love.

Recently I've also thought about what I *really* want to do after I finish my current course. While computing is fun, the real fun doesn't come from the programming side. The fun comes from the analysis side, which is why I want a PhD in mathematics and not computer science. I find it extremely funny that the research in both departments are intertwined to the point where I have to ask myself what's the difference between pure mathematics research and computer science research? All I know is that mathematical research is pure analysis, while the computer science research is more about teaching a computer to come to a set of conclusions with mathematical analysis.

How much of my life would I need to dedicate to become proficient with mathematics?

Hi there, it's great to have chance to do thing you love. But you know life is sometime more challenge than what you can imagine of... I know you love mathematic especially on purely analysis. I remembered last time you asked for why to the numerical analysis.

To me, mathematic is a tool and it is in everything that you can apply it but in proper ways and conditions (you need simplication to anything you are applying). The real life events are more too complicated to analysis which sometime undescribed by any mathematical model you can ever learn (full of uncertainties). It would be great if you can do a research on computing science but with concentrate deeply on more purely analysis. This way you can make progress on your work and put it into the real thing than sitting and studying only in the world of equation where sometime you can set it up as whatever conditions you wish.

It would be great if you could become a researcher and can show how potentially mathematic can give to the computer scince... yes, this way you seem being able to do math, coding and use it in the reality than only step into the world of pure equations... To the end, PhD is not everything... but sometime it is just sometime to make people stop and start listening to you.

Regards,

Back