Mass Effect: Andromeda [PC]

Jupiter

Veteran
MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA ULTRA - 4K 60FPS [GTX 1080Ti]

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA | Multiplayer | Official Gameplay Series - Part 4

Testing the Limits of Mass Effect Andromeda's Character Creator

1080p
06045526401l.jpg

The characters look worse and more emotionless than I thought they would.
In generel the graphics is better than expacted but not very good either. Performance is bad.

Benchmarks: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Mass-...55712/Specials/Mass-Effect-Andromeda-1223325/

___
EDIT:
Origin Access currently has a trial for 7 days and for my knowlegde this game can therefore be tested free of charge. Subscribe to Origin Access, cancel immediately and you can test it for 10 hours. It has a size of 43 GB.

Last edited:
MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA ULTRA - 4K 60FPS [GTX 1080Ti]

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA | Multiplayer | Official Gameplay Series - Part 4

Testing the Limits of Mass Effect Andromeda's Character Creator

1080p
06045526401l.jpg

The characters look worse and more emotionless than I thought they would.
In generel the graphics is better than expacted but not very good either. Performance is bad.

Benchmarks: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Mass-...55712/Specials/Mass-Effect-Andromeda-1223325/
high settings =( not sure if I should just wait for a patch. This is ridiculous

Unfortunately, the performance/graphics ratio is very bad. It has almost the same performance as Wildlands which looks one generation better in my view.

Mass Effect Andromedas assets often are low res. VFX like SSR and AO are just moderate and the textures medicore. I also dislike the huge HUD. There are hardly any setting options. Ubisoft knows a lot more about how decent PC versions are made because their games have countless possibilities of setting options in HUD, graphics, sound, control etc.

The Frostbite engine disappoints me again. Hopefully this will be better at the official release.

Last edited:
The pretty pixels look like about the only thing that has truly changed.

Last edited:
Every review has so far trashed this game. I hope the issues are fixed in a Day One patch or one very soon after. I enjoyed the Mass Effect series, even though I'm not its biggest fan, and was planning on purchasing this. If it's going to be crap though, I might just wait for a sale and get it on XB1 where I don't expect great visuals or performance.

As far as it looks they are using another Frostbite-Branch as DICE used with STAR WARS: Battlefront and Battlefield 1. Biowares engine might be a further development version of their previous engine because there are still elements from Dragon Age: Inquisition in Mass Effect to be recognized.

At least the TAA seems to be better than in Battlefield 1.

EDIT:

This voice does not fit with a Krogan in my opinion.

I think this sentence fits quite well.

EDIT:
Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K HDR Exclusive Tech Trailer

Last edited:
I thought about whether I would link it or not because I do not want to appear as a hater. I'll buy the game anyway (gameplay looks good etc.).

In my point of view there are too many fantasy games (~hundreds per year) and too few science fiction games. That is why I often support science fiction games.

Last edited:
We had a lot of fun with my wife with the ME3 multiplayer. Since the combat is great in this one we'll propably end up buying just for the multiplayer alone. But 2x 60€ is simply too much.

Gunplay is fun in the trial but nope, I will wait. I could ignore the faces while playing but dialogues cut off when u leave a room, or enter one. One dialogue starts while another is still on, cutting off the previous one.That kind of stuff interferes with the gameplay for me and I will wait for that to be patched out.
This is clearly an unbaked pie out in the shop thanx to some wiseass business decision.

In my point of view there are too many fantasy games (~hundreds per year) and too few science fiction games. That is why I often support science fiction games.
I think there's a good balance. I mean last year we had big budget Mirrors Edge, Quantum Break, Deus Ex, Dishonored, and Doom. There's Ashes of the Singularity. Etc. There are loads of indie level games too like No Man's Sky.

I don't really do fantasy at all aside from checking out the latest Bethesda open world nonsense.

Looking forward to Prey. And I've been messing with PAMELA but man that is one rough early access game.

Last edited:
I have pre order it a few weeks ago, preloaded it last week end. Now, I'm on Zelda BOTW on WiiU and Sniper Elite 4 on PC, so, I'll wait for a few patchs before starting MEA. I love the first trilogy, I liked Dragon Age Inquisition too (it seems that MAE is DAI in space...), so, I hope for the best.

Wife just started it. Really nice detail on objects and great aesthetics overall but the faces look really dated.

How do facial animations like these go through QA in a AAA game with a AAA budget?

Bioware is looking like a shell of its former self. Has there been any reports of talent exodus from the dev team?

How do facial animations like these go through QA in a AAA game with a AAA budget?

Bioware is looking like a shell of its former self. Has there been any reports of talent exodus from the dev team?
Development hell. Lack of synergy. In fighting and a deadline that has already been extended and no time left to polish.

If you google "bioware developers leave" , it seems that a few key people left during last years.

But it doesn't explain the crappy voice acting, the faces, dumb AI from what I read... At the same time, it seems that the "mass effect touch" is still there, so... I'll will see in a few months.

It seems as Biowares B-Team has worked on it. The veterans at Bioware have been working on a new brand for a long time. A new IP which might be comparable to Destiny or The Division. If the project is released it should have been under development for six years. The game could be announced this year.

__

Release day for Mass Effect Andromeda is on Thursday in my region.

If you google "bioware developers leave" , it seems that a few key people left during last years.

But it doesn't explain the crappy voice acting, the faces, dumb AI from what I read... At the same time, it seems that the "mass effect touch" is still there, so... I'll will see in a few months.

A few years ago two important Bioware chairmans quit simultaneously.

I think there's a good balance. I mean last year we had big budget Mirrors Edge, Quantum Break, Deus Ex, Dishonored, and Doom. There's Ashes of the Singularity. Etc. There are loads of indie level games too like No Man's Sky.

I don't really do fantasy at all aside from checking out the latest Bethesda open world nonsense.

Looking forward to Prey. And I've been messing with PAMELA but man that is one rough early access game.

I think the fantasy setting dominates by far on the PC plattform.
But you are right there are also some games with Sience Fiction background.

Last edited:
Some negative glassdoor reviews to take hints:

https://www.glassdoor.ca/Reviews/Employee-Review-BioWare-RVW11370424.htm

- Bioware Edmonton and Montreal symbiosis is broken. Lots of conflicts and bro culture.

- Lost over 13 leads (game design, art, audio, prog, senior core leads, etc) in 5 years at Bioware Montreal on Mass Effect. Edmonton lost only 3. It is clear that Edmonton has the bigger part of the stick when it comes to purge Leads and Producers who are not aligned with their leadership style.

- Putting people on performance improvement program (PIP Program) is the new tactics to get rid of people. Once again more than 10 people in Montreal got slammed with this bureaucratic uppercut to let go people that are not bending to Edmonton leadership styles in the last revision cycle. This approach is used by the Montreal Leadership to purge the mess from the lack of vision cause by upper management in the last 4 years (throwing people under the bus to protect bad core management).

- Renaming crunch to Finaling mode. Which means company pays for your lunch but you have only 30 minutes to eat and then getting back on the keyboard. Was lasting for over 2 months and was a real catastrophy.

- Retaliation and harassment is sadly a reality. If you talk and ask questions you will be tag as a trouble maker and end up in a bad position.

Back