Madden 11

Tap In

Legend
hits stores midnight tonight (already in the wild though)

OP sports review 9/10
Are you not entertained?

Madden returns this summer refined on every level (with some obviously being more refined than others). The gameplay is smoother, the graphics are more vibrant and the game has come to life with added vitality. This is the most entertaining Madden I have played since the Playstation 2 days...

It may all sound a bit technical and complex, but in the moment of the game, the action on the field flows just beautifully and naturally. The gameplay is crafted with an inherent sense of how the game of football naturally progresses.

The weight distribution, the ball carrier's and defender’s size and speed, and the overall skill levels of all involved are measured during each tackle. Basically, that is a nerdy way to say that everything on the screen looks rather awesome because of these factors.

IGN 8/10 but they are weighting for franchise users which mode has hardly changed due to findings that the mode has a relatively LOW usage compared to majority

It may all sound a bit technical and complex............

Am I supposed to take this review seriously?

Still, I want to believe..........but........

Basically, that is a nerdy way to say that everything on the screen looks rather awesome because of these factors.

........Somehow he's just not talking to me.

........Somehow he's just not talking to me.

he's not. he's talking to Operation Sports members who are mostly clueless when it comes to technology. they are hardcore football gamers looking for franchise mode mostly. It seems M11 is giving a realistic experience for average gamers (vast majority of purchasers) without meeting ALL of the minority needs of the stat sport nerds. ;)

It's a game review not a tech review. :D

the game seems a lot more FUN than previous years

he's not. he's talking to Operation Sports members who are mostly clueless when it comes to technology. they are hardcore football gamers looking for franchise mode mostly. It seems M11 is giving a realistic experience for average gamers (vast majority of purchasers) without meeting ALL of the minority needs of the stat sport nerds. ;)

It's a game review not a tech review. :D

the game seems a lot more FUN than previous years

But how? I guess that was my point. And now that it has competition from BackBreaker how is it differenciating itself?

When he says "The gameplay is smoother, the graphics are more vibrant and the game has come to life with added vitality. This is the most entertaining Madden I have played since the Playstation 2 days..." honestly that seems to be a cut-n-paste from every Madden review/preview every year. I truely do want to believe and I'm not in it as a stat nerd but if this is the year I finally retire the xbox/M05 and get a new game, which one and why?

Heh, was waiting to see if a thread on the new Madden would pop up. Here's an very interesting read on the history and evolution of Madden that most now-days don't know. At least in the US, it was one of biggest factors in rapidly expanding console acceptance in the marketplace. IE - expanding a consoles attraction to those who wouldn't have even looked at a console prior to it coming out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=100805/madden

One thing that's a shame is the guy that started EA and basically created Madden is now shunned by EA due to internal company politics. Interestingly, about when he was forced out is when EA started to get really crappy and really ramped up destroying good franchises.

Regards,
SB

But how? I guess that was my point. And now that it has competition from BackBreaker how is it differenciating itself?

When he says "The gameplay is smoother, the graphics are more vibrant and the game has come to life with added vitality. This is the most entertaining Madden I have played since the Playstation 2 days..." honestly that seems to be a cut-n-paste from every Madden review/preview every year. I truely do want to believe and I'm not in it as a stat nerd but if this is the year I finally retire the xbox/M05 and get a new game, which one and why?

Madden has literally zero competition for BackBreaker. It was a "tide me over" title for some football fans, but I can promise you everyone will (or already has) moved on and forgotten about it. It was an abysmal experience for me, and the pros were far outweighed by the cons.

There are plenty of improvements in this iteration of Madden to warrent it's purchase, most important being the fact that it let's you FINALLY make sideline / endzone catches w/out going out of bounds. The run game has improved substantially, game flow is a great improvement to the 'ask madden' system and will educate casual gamers, etc.

There is a lot here to be excited about.

EAs sports titles have gotten a lot better since Peter Moore took over. The last two or three years of NHL have seen great improvement. I imagine Madden will follow the same path, but it is less of a guinea pig title, so I'd expect features from NBA and NHL to find their way into madden over time. It won't be long before you see a physics overhaul in Madden, now that it went from Fight Night to NHL. Whether it'll be as good as Back Breaker in terms of physics, I doubt it, but it will bring the two closer together. The real question is whether Back Breaker has a sequel and if they can improve the gameplay mechanics and game modes, now that they have the tech in place.

Back