M.A.S.S. Builder

So, I noticed there's a Winter Indie showcase in Steam right now and I'm surprised at just how many Japanese indie developers there are now on Steam. And not just the pervy kind either. :p

Anyway, I ran across an interesting looking title. So, what happens if you're a Japanese developer known for making Visual Novels (many of which are the aforementioned pervy kind)? And not just a few, but 10's of VNs. You just pump these things out.

Make another VN? Tempting. How about now that you've finally made enough money on Steam that now you can bankroll a game that isn't a VN.

And thus we have M.A.S.S. Builder. Which caught my eye because it's a Japanese Mecha game. But oh it's so much more than just that. It's basically Fashion Mech and an actual Japanese Mecha game.

This first video is sort of an overview.

And the following is an absolutely insane custom fashion Mech based on Gundam.

I seriously do not have the patience to do something like that Gundam build. That's insanely cool. And just plain insane. :p

It's in early access at the moment so I haven't bought it, but I've wishlisted it for when it gets closer to release.

Man, I love indie developers. Especially ones that can pivot from pervy VNs and then make something like this.

Regards,
SB

Back