Lost Season 2?

Kanyamagufa said:
Such a great show. SO MANY ADS THOUGH.

The UK show has plenty of ads but even then we can still see where the 'blanks' are for the extra adds you must get in thr US!

I remember back in the 'ol days watching Star Trek on BBC (NO Ads!) and wondering what the strange scene changes were in the middle :)

I still can't really get my head round the end of episode 1 of the new season...

To anyone who watched it, I almost kinda think that all those weird things are in the people's heads and nothing more. I mean, the guy Jack met in the stadium being on eof the others? The numbers thing with Hurley, and how Jack went "you were in a mental institution..."
it's like everyone htere is crazy, or at least, all the weird things happening there are all related to the crazy ones!
:devilish:

I wanna know what happens next!!

Lost is now my favourite show, i was actually a bit bored last night when watching the season premiere of Desperate Housewives.

And Smallville is starting again tomorrow!!

Wow, this time last year i was thinking "what the hell will i be watching on TV" when all those big shows ended, Angel, Friends, Buffy before them...

I guess I got more than I expected!!:D

I'm sure I'll get blased for saying this.......but I have felt this way since then second or third show. These guys that write this stuff have no idea where they are going with it. There is no real plot here....they are just pulling our collective strings.....;)

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm still glued to my DVR within 20 minutes of the show starting - I hate commercials! I love the freeform plotline, and try top figure it out - you have to be quick, as where it is going changes from minute to minute.

<SPOILER> I figured out (guessed?) that the guy Doc met on the steps was going to be the same one in the bunker......;)

martrox said:
<SPOILER> I figured out (guessed?) that the guy Doc met on the steps was going to be the same one in the bunker......;)

It was a total and complete shock for me! :LOL: and i'm still kinda shocked.

I don't want to agree with you on the plot thing. I might agree with you but i dont want to! Cause i'd hate it if it's true that the makers are just playing with us, going nowhere... I mean... That would give them justification if the show NEVER made sense at all!!

It HAS to make sense!! eventually!! :devilish: ;)

london-boy said:
It HAS to make sense!! eventually!! :devilish: ;)

Why? The best thing about this show is....it makes you THINK! Makes you try and mentally sort the information out and make some sense out of the chaos...and, believe me, that's what the show is really about. And I have no problems with it.......Television that actually makes you think! Whooda figured???????;)

sure beats the hell out of Reality TV..........

martrox said:
Why? The best thing about this show is....it makes you THINK! Makes you try and mentally sort the information out and make some sense out of the chaos...and, believe me, that's what the show is really about. And I have no problems with it.......Television that actually makes you think! Whooda figured???????;)

sure beats the hell out of Reality TV..........

Yeah but i dont mind that, until the last 5 minutes of the last ever episode, u know, after 83 seasons. I just need to think that it WILL make sense one day. In the meantime my brain will work overtime trying to figure out what the hell is going on...

I mean... I don't want another Twin Peaks, which never made sense, after it ended and even after a movie! :devilish:

I haven't followed it really, but could it be that they're in some kind of purgatory?
(without spoiling anything hopefully)

Blah, I haven't yet seen a single episode and even read about it very little until in these forums, but the more I hear about it now it sounds like it won't be a series I'll like much.
There just seems to be too much unexplained things happening all the time, how can they keep up any suspence and "can't wait for the next episode to see how the story advances" as it all sounds like there's just random things happening without connections.

I don't want to view a TV series multiple times to "get" what happened and what's connected to what. I don't want to be required to remember every little detail throughout the series to really get what's going on.

Am I right? Is this a love it or hate it TV series, too "bizarre" for some likings? Or have I just jumped to wrong conclusions based on discussions here?
Or maybe I just should watch some episodes and decide myself ;)

Edit: l-b: I thought Twin Peaks made enough sense (the weird bits had little to do with the overall plot arch), so if this makes even more sense then I think it'll be ok for my liking :)

As much as I hate to say it, you would do best to ge rent the DVD's, as it's a show that is very charictor driven, and you can miss so much just missing one episode. The first season did such a good job giving us insight into the reasons for many ot the charictors reasons and motives to be where they are. It's going to be near impossible to catch up.

rabidrabbit said:
Blah, I haven't yet seen a single episode and even read about it very little until in these forums, but the more I hear about it now it sounds like it won't be a series I'll like much.
There just seems to be too much unexplained things happening all the time, how can they keep up any suspence and "can't wait for the next episode to see how the story advances" as it all sounds like there's just random things happening without connections.

I don't want to view a TV series multiple times to "get" what happened and what's connected to what. I don't want to be required to remember every little detail throughout the series to really get what's going on.

Am I right? Is this a love it or hate it TV series, too "bizarre" for some likings? Or have I just jumped to wrong conclusions based on discussions here?
Or maybe I just should watch some episodes and decide myself ;)

Edit: l-b: I thought Twin Peaks made enough sense (the weird bits had little to do with the overall plot arch), so if this makes even more sense then I think it'll be ok for my liking :)

Hehe, well, it's not 100% bizzarre, all the things that happen ARE connected to each other, more or less, we still don't know what the connection really is.
You'll like it. I think you should really try it. Bear in mind that things get VERY weird towards the end of the first season - for me it was episode 17, Numbers. Totally a WTF episode, where things started to become "very unusual" - don't want to spoil anything...

But even with the lack of making sense, it is a great show so you should definately give it a try. Besides, lots of cuteys! That Jack is HOT, same for Sawyer and also the other young guy, the brother of the blond girl. YUM. Also, deserted islands, lots of nakedness!
If THAT hasn't sold u, i dont know what will :LOL:

_xxx_ said:
I haven't followed it really, but could it be that they're in some kind of purgatory?
(without spoiling anything hopefully)
:idea: haha, that would be cool if that's what it is.

i've just starting watching season 1 and i'm hooked. :cool:

Ok, I'm sold :D

Edit:
london-boy said:
.... Besides, lots of cuteys! That Jack is HOT, same for Sawyer and also the other young guy, the brother of the blond girl. YUM. Also, deserted islands, lots of nakedness!
If THAT hasn't sold u, i dont know what will :LOL:
Hey! Are you pulling my leg? :D
I didn't find those characters from the official website?!? Are they introduced in the second season?
Edit: Oh. I found Jack.... and that other too, sorry, I was looking at their real names.

Last edited by a moderator:
rabidrabbit said:
Ok, I'm sold :D

Edit:
Hey! Are you pulling my leg? :D
I didn't find those characters from the official website?!? Are they introduced in the second season?
Edit: Oh. I found Jack.... and that other too, sorry, I was looking at their real names.

DUH!!

Trust me, hotness. :devilish:

Back