Lost Odysee Screens

lo1.jpg

lo2.jpg

The close up looks like it could be realtime to me. CGI wouldn't show polygonal edges (the guy's ear, shoulder and hair).

The close up looks like it could be realtime to me. CGI wouldn't show polygonal edges (the guy's ear, shoulder and hair).
CGi can show polygonal edges though.

I agree though, the close up face pic doesn't show in any of the trailers shown thuis far, at least I couldn't spot it, and could be from an in-engine cut-scene.
The proof is in the pudding, or in this case in the hair motion, which can't be seen in that pic.

The battleground pic on the other hand is direct from the trailers, and is clearly fmv cgi.

Edit: Ok , I admit I could've been wrong. The bigger pic does look like it's realtime after all. Don't neg rep me!!!
The setting of that pic is very much the same as in the cgi trailer i remembered, but without the extra cgi effects like smoke and über lighting and animation, that's what made me automatically assume it's a shot from that trailer.

So, I agree, these indeed positively could be realtime in-engine shots . For some reason, this reminds me of 99 Nights. Maybe it's just the battlescene with a number of enemies and one fighting against them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watch the footage that somebody linked above. It's real-time.
I already admitted I was wrong.
Or do you mean the whole footage of LO at pre TGS conference was realtime? (in which case I'd have to disagree).

Yes, there is a clear transition from fmv cgi to gameplay. It's a bit odd looking when suddenly all the enemies stop at their places and freeze like statues, switching to turn-based combat with only attacking at a time, only the protagonist and one enemy in motion. While the fmv cgi looks exciting, the ingame battles look boring in this video.
The combat, at least in this video, looks very simple and not very exciting. It's likely though this scene is from early in the game, maybe even some sort of tutorial scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already admitted I was wrong.
Or do you mean the whole footage of LO at pre TGS conference was realtime? (in which case I'd have to disagree).

This was before your second edit. Plus, you have used the conjunctive "could've". Just wanted to clear things up... Nothing more

This was before your second edit. Plus, you have used the conjunctive "could've". Just wanted to clear things up... Nothing more
Yea, sorry.
The "could've" was before seeing the latest video.
Now it's "I'm very positive those shots are realtime" ;)

I like the art of this game, not surprising really considering.
The darker, almost "LOTR:ROTK" mood appeals to me and is a welcome change to jrpg's.
But I don't like the face of the main character, either it's delibrately odd looking and ugly as butt... (not exactly asian or western, nor alien or typically "Square pretty androgyne boy") or just plain modelled badly :???: (and butts aren't really ugly).

Back