Logitech Combo Scroll problems

Just wondering if anybody has encountered this problem or can offer a solution..

I'm using a Logitech optical combo with an MX700 mouse.. I don't know the name of the keyboard, but it's the black and silver optical combo, not the white/silver one.

Anyway... the keyboard has a scroll button/switch on the left side of it, and the mouse has a scroll button/switch in the middle of it. For no apparent reason, one of the two of them start scrolling at random times. Either web pages will start scrolling down the screen, or I'll be typing in a message (like this one) and the cursor will suddenly jump up and down between rows.. So I'll be typing a word and all of a sudden, I'm typing that word in the middle of another word four sentences above.

So.. it's not just always scrolling down.. it scrolls up and down. I've tried pushing the scroll buttons in to stop them (and to try and figure out which button is causing the scroll), but so far, I've had no luck.

Anybody have an similar problems with Logitech products scrolling at will? Or any solutions or trouble shooting tips?

Thanks.

Check the RF unit has a good signal & no interference from another device. Use either the PS2 connectors (both) or only the USB connector on the RF unit. Uninstall any Logitech software. Install the latest SetPoint 2.47 & activate keyboard security.

Back