Unlock hidden secret advanced debug uefi bios menu settings lenovo IdeaPad family

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
I'm saving this here

disable one-key power (the one that allow you to see battery percentage without turning the laptop on), save.
turn off laptop
press keyboard keys from the topmost to the bottom, starting from F1 1 Q A Z and ends with F7 U J M. Do it quite fast with no error!
press power button to turn on laptop
enter UEFI (usually F2)
now you are in the advanced hidden debug UEFI menu.

Disable connected standby s0 modern standby
Go to one of the tab thats SUPER LONG and take a few seconds to load (the laptop will seems like its frozen).
scroll down until you found connected standby option. Change it to S3.
save and reboot.

so its
F1 1 Q A Z
F2 2 W S X
F3 3 E D C
F4 4 R F V
F5 5 T G B
F6 6 Y H N
F7 7 U J M

ALL WHEN THE LAPTOP IS TURNED OFF - THIS HAS GOT TO BE A WIND UP

ROFL. You are a patient person, typing all that hahaha.

It's probably doesn't need all that keys pressed, but I just brute forced the password.

On legion family, someone on reddit did a test (legion keys need to be inputed from the 1st uefi screen instead of from the off state), and found that it's actually just a few keys that need to be pressed, but because we don't know the right keys, and lenovo didn't do "password retry lock", pressing all keys basically brute forced it.

Anyway, the secret menu doesn't seem to have undervolt option.

It does have VDDP and Vdd18 that allows constant voltage to be set or plus / minus offset. But I'm not sure they are for what.

So the secret menu is only useful for disabling s0 connected modern standby, it seems

Back