Liquid Rescale GIMP plugin: content-aware resizing plugin

Farid

Artist formely known as Vysez
Veteran
Supporter
Remember that demonstration, at Siggraph this year, about a content aware resizing algorithm?

Well, someone made a Gimp plugin implementation of that algorithm in question, you can get it there:

http://liquidrescale.wikidot.com/start

Sources are available as well.

It seems to wrk well with nature-like imagery.

Less so with other stuff. People and whatnot.

As for me personally I'd rather have a proportional scaler that maintains the true aspect of the information in the image and doesn't screw in unforeseeable ways with the content based on artistically arbitrary rules.

Peace.

It's totally amazing. Though also a good reminder of how easy it is becoming to make images lie.

As for me personally I'd rather have a proportional scaler that maintains the true aspect of the information in the image and doesn't screw in unforeseeable ways with the content based on artistically arbitrary rules.

In the majority of the cases that's true, but I can also see a number of cases where you'd want something like this instead. I think the tree branch at the top with loads of sky in between in the video is a good example of a case where content aware rescale would be desireable just to get a more interesting image after the rescale.

Back