Life change?

london-boy said:
Fine fine i'll shake it alright! :LOL:

I'll definately consider focusing my life into this now. Afterall, with all the work i've put into looking this good, gotta get something back!!;)

just watch, so you dont get STD in the back.... :p

Good luck and don't become some doped out cocaine user. Not that you will, we have faith in ya.

If you look good and can get paid for it you might as well do it. The whole modelling thing could lead to other possibilities also. A pretty face goes a far way in the entertainment business. How is your acting? Modelling could potentially lead to that if you're good enough and have the right connections.

Sonic said:
Good luck and don't become some doped out cocaine user. Not that you will, we have faith in ya.

If you look good and can get paid for it you might as well do it. The whole modelling thing could lead to other possibilities also. A pretty face goes a far way in the entertainment business. How is your acting? Modelling could potentially lead to that if you're good enough and have the right connections.

Well i'm quite a good actor in life (dont ask) but entertaining-wise, not so sure i could do it.
And coke slims you down too much, i can't afford to be any slimmer, it's hard as it is for me to keep my body in shape as it is :D
The only that I must say is good luck and another thing and if you are a man, please send me a photo.

Of course i'm a man! How long have i been around here?! ;)

Sonic said:
Good luck and don't become some doped out cocaine user.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that if you become all rich/famous and start an abuse life-style choice like mentioned above I will personally fly over there and kick your ass into line.

Sorry, I just love ya too much to let that happen to ya. 8)

digitalwanderer said:
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that if you become all rich/famous and start an abuse life-style choice like mentioned above I will personally fly over there and kick your ass into line.

Sorry, I just love ya too much to let that happen to ya. 8)

But...

... But...

That's the whole point of becoming rich and famous!! :devilish:

Just don't hang out with Paris Hilton, or I'll kill you! :devilish:

Seriously, I'd keep my current job and do the modeling thing along that. You said you get lots of vacation etc., so the coordination should not be the problem.

And since you already live that kind of "party-life", nothing significant will change there. You might even calm down through the modeling job, you'll be totally fed up with parties etc.

Just try to find the right balance between your current job and modelling, and after some 6-8 months, you'll see how it goes and can then decide to leave your 9-5 job. That way you'll make sure you don't run out of money.

Also, keep in mind that the modelling job is VERY demanding. You have to pour lots of energy into that if it should go well. I had that kind of would-be-VIP life for about two years (with a band though) and at some point I was so bored and totally finished physically (parties, women, drugs, alc, etc. all the time for free - I was a happy 19-yr. old) and I had to let go or I wouldn't be here writing this. It was fun, but this was the right decision for me.

And as a few people said, try it or you'll regret it forever that you haven't. Just don't make it the highest priority in your life and keep your head clear and your eyes open. I wish you all the luck :)

Yeah, keep your eyes open. Try to have fun and don't get caught up in the whole act. I see how it can really eat people whole and they get in over their heads. It can be very stressful and you need to be able to take a hell of a lot of criticism. Hey, if you're ever out in Cali especially the Bay Area then there are a lot of thigns for you to do. It is quite like the best place in the world, much better than in Delaware!

Travelling is another great aspect of being a model and having the sort of money come in the way it could potentially do. IKf you make it then you'll be ablke to see a lot of nice places.

Well i've signed the contract and i'll send it today. The only thing that kinda worries me is that it's an exclusive contract, which is kinda stupid, how do they expect models to make a living if they can't sign up with more than one agency and maximise their potential?

Should be ok, seems very easy to get out of it, as they drop people very soon if they don't hear from them and stuff. So if i ever have other (bigger and better) agencies after me, it should all be fine.

First of all do you have a lot of debt? If you do then you need to stick with something that is stable to pay off that debt. If you don't have any debt then you should go for it since you have nothing to lose. You can find regular jobs anywhere, but a modeling contract doesn't happen to everyone everyday everywhere... You should also invest the money you make from modeling for the future when you're not at your prime anymore.

PC-Engine said:
First of all do you have a lot of debt? If you do then you need to stick with something that is stable to pay off that debt. If you don't have any debt then you should go for it since you have nothing to lose. You can find regular jobs anywhere, but a modeling contract doesn't happen to everyone everyday everywhere... You should also invest the money you make from modeling for the future when you're not at your prime anymore.

Hey, well i have a few grand in the bank, should last me a while in case i don't have an income.
And definately, the whole me doing modelling would be because i want to put some money aside for the future, not because i want to party, i can do that already very easily.

london-boy said:
Hey, well i have a few grand in the bank, should last me a while in case i don't have an income.
And definately, the whole me doing modelling would be because i want to put some money aside for the future, not because i want to party, i can do that already very easily.

What I meant is that if you invest your money wisely, you won't have to go back to that regular boring job when you're not fit to model anymore. From your initial post I just thought modeling seemed more fullfilling since you didn't mention anything about the money aspect. If the money from modeling is not good enough then later on you're going to have to go back to the same old boring job again anyway. It's better to invest your money and just live off of the interest and not have to work at all or not have to depend on constantly getting modeling work which isn't guaranteed to last.

Last edited by a moderator:
london-boy said:
Well i've signed the contract and i'll send it today. The only thing that kinda worries me is that it's an exclusive contract, which is kinda stupid, how do they expect models to make a living if they can't sign up with more than one agency and maximise their potential?

Should be ok, seems very easy to get out of it, as they drop people very soon if they don't hear from them and stuff. So if i ever have other (bigger and better) agencies after me, it should all be fine.

I've signed two exclusive modelling contracts so far... total earnings -£300 (both wanted shoots if you remember, and the limited income from the one job I got doesn't yet offset it). I could try harder, get new pictures and get some jobs, but tbh I'm in the wrong part of the country. I need to move to London, and I'm gonna push for that with work over the next 12 months regardless of any modelling aspirations (which are currently at an all time low). My first love is my pet website, which is currently dormant, but not forgotten or being left alone.

My advice would be if you have the cash saved up try it for a few months, I've no doubt you could get a similar job to the one you have now if it all falls down. I'm fortunate in that BT do a sebatacle thing where you can take 6 months off unpaid, and they keep your seat warm. I'm tempted by that, but on non management money its not worth it, I might as well quit and get the 10k pay off when I do finally make the jump...

PC-Engine said:
What I meant is that if you invest your money wisely, you won't have to go back to that regular boring job when you're not fit to model anymore. From your initial post I just thought modeling seemed more fullfilling since you didn't mention anything about the money aspect. If the money from modeling is not good enough then later on you're going to have to go back to the same old boring job again anyway. It's better to invest your money and just live off of the interest and not have to work at all or not have to depend on constantly getting modeling work which isn't guaranteed to last.

l-b are thmart and purdy. Not always fully informed on financial stuff, but sensible and a quick learner. Considering this guy moved out of small town nowheres ville in the greasy italiano patch of europe to London, and landed well and truley on his feet, a career change is nothing as obstacles go.

sytaylor said:
l-b are thmart and purdy. Not always fully informed on financial stuff, but sensible and a quick learner. Considering this guy moved out of small town nowheres ville in the greasy italiano patch of europe to London, and landed well and truley on his feet, a career change is nothing as obstacles go.

Awwww *tear*

Well it's all set now. You'll all see me naked in a phone booth near you. (ok that joke might be a bit too londony for everyone to grasp)

Back