Lets give this BUG a name. Inflateonator ?

nelg

Veteran
I think that one of the reasons that the "Quak" issue is so slow to fade from memory is that it has a name, "Quak". The .exe could have been renamed quick.exe or anyting else but someone (perhaps a marketing dep.) came up with a catchy name. Any suggestions for the Nvidia 3Dmark03 cheat/bug.

There is an idiom that in Swedish is referred to as "Den smala vägen". Does anyone know if the English equivalence is "The narrow path"?

If it is, that is my second suggestion.

Well, that expression originates from the bible, Matthew 7:13,14 to be exact. Swedish: "13 Gå in genom den trånga porten. Ty den port är vid, och den väg är bred som leder till fördärvet, och det är många som går fram på den. 14 Och den port är trång, och den väg är smal som leder till livet, och det är få som finner den."

In English:

13 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&passage=Matthew+7:14&version=NIV

Edit: Had to elaborate some. I do not believe it to be a Bug so I can not name it. It's really the driver, so let's...

Name the driver... Inflateonator

The whole fiasco... Nvidiagate

NVCheat '03 revision #2. That way it can't be confused w/ NVCheat '03 #1 which was the missing textures cheat in the 43.05 (?) driver.

This isn't the 1st time, nor will it be the last > might as well put a # on 'em.

Inflatanator sounds to much like Radeonator for my liking.

Howz about > "Clipper" ? :rolleyes:

DesperatorFX
Thats great. :D

I posted these over at Rage3D

Well using the **ator pun of Detonator lets try :

Cheatonator
Winatallcostonator
Cliponator
Benchonator
Kyleismy*****onator
etc.

Wewontexplanthisonator :D

BTW MuFu, congratulations. I seen over at NvNews that you have your very own stalker (netdude) ?. ;)

Yeah. It was a really FUN experience, cheers. :rolleyes:

At least everybody got a few laughs out of it in the end, hehe.

MuFu.

Back