Leaked shots of apples new product, iHome?

I like the idea, I question whether its real.

The back panel as shown in the 103zb shot doesn't have a video out, component, or DVI port.

Its possible that the connecter one from the right is HDMI , but it seems odd to put out a piece of consumer electronics that has only an HDMI port.

The back panel shot reveals a seem (top) that looks to have the QC of a carboard box (read: my guess is they're fakes).

RussSchultz said:
Exposing it as a fake. ;)

I was sort of thinking the same thing.

Disc slot looks weird in this shot, like it's been painted on afterwards (too high contrast for such a narrow slot, IMO):
http://img130.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img130&image=photo00081nu.jpg

Furthermore, there's virtually no ventilation slots on that thing. Even with a G4 CPU, I don't feel that is realistic, and as already mentioned, no DVI or VGA looks suspicious. Also, there are virtually no analog in/outs on that thing either. Also suspicious.

It can be some daughter-devices between Macs andiPods and others, though...

Dunno it's fake or not.

According to the commentators at engaget (or was it gizmodo?), its an obvious fake.

Some of the clues:

the font is wrong
The packing is wrong
The CD slot is way too big
The photos are from the same elevator as a previous fake

And about 20 other reasons.

Guden Oden said:
RussSchultz said:
Exposing it as a fake. ;)

I was sort of thinking the same thing.

Disc slot looks weird in this shot, like it's been painted on afterwards (too high contrast for such a narrow slot, IMO):
http://img130.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img130&image=photo00081nu.jpg

Furthermore, there's virtually no ventilation slots on that thing. Even with a G4 CPU, I don't feel that is realistic, and as already mentioned, no DVI or VGA looks suspicious. Also, there are virtually no analog in/outs on that thing either. Also suspicious.
I agree. This disc slot looks just not right.
FAKE

anaqer said:
Sadly, Mac frequencies don't tell me much - how'd it compare to, say, an EPIA system running WinXP?

The EPIA wouldn't even get close. I ran a 1.25GHz G4 Powerbook as my main system this summer and it handled everything I threw at it.
Even using iMovie and iDVD was no bother and I always have Folding@Home running in the background as well.
The Mac mini is probably all the computer MOST people need. It's not aimed at die hard gamers but folks that need WWW, e-mail, camcorder editing, office software, CD ripping, iTunes and possibly light gaming.
Considering the value of the bundled software the Mac mini is a tempting purchase.

CMcK said:
anaqer said:
Sadly, Mac frequencies don't tell me much - how'd it compare to, say, an EPIA system running WinXP?

The EPIA wouldn't even get close. I ran a 1.25GHz G4 Powerbook as my main system this summer and it handled everything I threw at it.
Even using iMovie and iDVD was no bother and I always have Folding@Home running in the background as well.

Suuure. :rolleyes: Good to know there are some exceptional "uber-Macs" out there... :rolleyes:

FYI: I do music production, video editing, even compositing on my dual G5 and I can't run ANYTHING in the background, despite my TWO 1.8GHz CPUs...
:rolleyes:

The Mac mini is probably all the computer MOST people need.

Highly doubt MOST people wnats something with 256MB when it's running OSX, the hallucinematic OS.

Also highly doubt MOST people wants to do one step back in terms of CPU - G4 IS an outdated processor, a generation older architecture, no matter what enthusiastic Mac-fans try to paint.

It's not aimed at die hard gamers but folks that need WWW, e-mail, camcorder editing, office software, CD ripping, iTunes and possibly light gaming.

Suuuure. :rolleyes: All together, simultaneously... :LOL:

Gaming... "play the 3D games Nanosaur 2 and Marble Blast Gold."

Camcorder editing... WTH you'll do with 256 megs of RAM?

Considering the value of the bundled software the Mac mini is a tempting purchase.

We can agree on one thing: without this amount of software nobody would even consider to buy this.

OK, except some of my metrosexual or Mac-sexual fella here, in NYC :D - but they have enough dough to burn... :D

PS: DOn't get me wrong, it's a good machine for email, Word, iTunes and such but that's it and this disgusting greed of Jobs really pisses me off - selling with frikkin' 256 mges... :devilish: o_O

that surprises you?

For $3000 USD you can get the top of the line, dual G5 2.5GHz Powermac with:

An astonishing 512MB of Ram, blazing fast 9600XT 128MB DDR, no Display, and a robust 90 day warrenty.

That's Apple's preconfigured TOP OF THE LINE.

Actually warranty isn't true at all. Apple after-sales service is really excellent: my wife's iPod has been replaced 2 times during one year period, this is her 3rd device and everytime the one year restarts plus every shipment was fully organized, paid by Apple, she didn'[t have to do anything else than call them, boxx arrived with new iPod, replace it with the old one, call the carrier for pickup. That's it - it's included in the price.

T2k said:
Actually warranty isn't true at all. Apple after-sales service is really excellent: my wife's iPod has been replaced 2 times during one year period, this is her 3rd device and everytime the one year restarts plus every shipment was fully organized, paid by Apple, she didn'[t have to do anything else than call them, boxx arrived with new iPod, replace it with the old one, call the carrier for pickup. That's it - it's included in the price.

have you stopped to think that replacing a device 2 times in 1 year is simply unnacceptable? I own an Ipod myself and I listen to it nearly every day, but if I had two units break in a year, I'd either change how I handled the device or bought something different.

joe emo said:
T2k said:

have you stopped to think that replacing a device 2 times in 1 year is simply unnacceptable? I own an Ipod myself and I listen to it nearly every day, but if I had two units break in a year, I'd either change how I handled the device or bought something different.

Look, I know my wife's habits very well and believe it or not, she's VERY careful, even surprisingly practical when it comes to technical stuff. Not to mention the fact she LOVES her iPod, so it's pure bad luck, nothing else.

Back