Konami cancelling some Wii and PS3 games=MISPRINT!*

22psi

Veteran
As documented here: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/754/754307p1.html

Here's the full list of cancelled titles.

Gradius Series (PS3)
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball (PS3)
New Action Game (PS3)
New Role Playing Game (PS3)
New Action Adventure Game 2 (Wii)
Role Playing Game (Wii)

With those titles gone, Konami's Wii and PS3 lineup reads as follows:

Pro Baseball Spirits Series (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
World Soccer Winning Eleven Series (PS3)
Music Simulation Game (Wii)
New Action Adventure Game (Wii)
Sports Game -- Soccer (Wii)
Sports Game -- Baseball (Wii)

Edit: I appologize, this was mean't for the console games section. Can a mod pls move this thread? :(

Damn! They cancelled The New Action Game! :devilish: I was sooo looking forward to that game and that was going to be the sole reason for buying myself a PS3.
Do you think they'll make The New Action Game for xbox360 now, instead? Another exclusive lost by Sony??!?

New Action Adventure Game 2 canceled!?!

Thank god we still have New Action Adventure Game 1 to look forward to!

About Gradius it's too bad though. I need to get some 1080p side scroller action on my PS3. They should have just made a down loadable game.

It does make you wonder if they are reallocating some of their teams to make 360 titles (primarily) for the U.S. market.

you are joking right? haha, that would suck

1. I said cool, not good. =o

2. Have you ever tried controlling a flash-based shmup that uses a mouse? It works better than you might expect, but Gradius's high-precision sections would suffer badly.

Gradius is the only one I'm really dissapointed to see go away. They should atleast port the PSP classic collection version over to the PS Store for a quick buck. :LOL:

It does make you wonder if they are reallocating some of their teams to make 360 titles (primarily) for the U.S. market.

More likely would be a shifting of development resources towards handheld development. That market is exploding, especially in Japan.

Next-gen development is bloody expensive, many projects will get cancelled, news at 11. They cancelled Wii and PS3 projects, because that's what kind of projects they originally had, not because they have a special hate for the platforms.

Could be relocating employees to the 360 MGS4 team or focusing on handhelds. Either way a major strategy change has just occured with konami.

Gradius is the only one I'm really dissapointed to see go away. They should atleast port the PSP classic collection version over to the PS Store for a quick buck. :LOL:

I am in the same boat as you. I was really looking forward to Gradius on ps3 since the ps2 game was really good, same with Contra: Shattered Soldier.

Those two game should be made downloadable games for the ps3 or psp.

360 MGS4??? What's that? An internet forum rumour?

It's a given cancellations are because of certain reallocating of resources, but let's not jump into wild conclusions here :)
If anything, from the list, it seems to be resorces from PS3 games moved into Wii games, there's nothing about xbox360 there.

And let's not go into MGS4 for 360 yes/no arguments here, there's a thread for that already.

...Gradius's high-precision sections would suffer badly.

No, my child. The Lord on High would suffer badly. The First Mover himself, the Creator of all things great and small would suffer badly.

He would drop to his omnipotent knees and weep at his failure if he saw GRADIUS BEING PLAYED WITH A *U**ING POINTER!!!!

Gradius Series (PS3)

/me drops to his knees and cries out loud

God damn you konami, whyyyy. I know there's PSP but I dont plan to own it, at least not yet.

ps. I just got through MSX version of Salamander. It took me almost 17 years :p

360 MGS4??? What's that? An internet forum rumour?

It's a given cancellations are because of certain reallocating of resources, but let's not jump into wild conclusions here :)
If anything, from the list, it seems to be resorces from PS3 games moved into Wii games, there's nothing about xbox360 there.

And let's not go into MGS4 for 360 yes/no arguments here, there's a thread for that already.

I said "Could Be" and moving members to a possible 360 mgs4 team is as valid theory as moving members to wii development at this point. It's all speculation at this point.

Canceling Wii titles when the system is doing so well doesn't make sense unless the games just aren't working out the way they had hoped. PS3 titles have the cost of development and the # of potential buyers to consider. Some may have been canceled because lack of install base.

Back