kinect / ps eye to improve game audio quality

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
Hi. I just stumbled to hidden setting on windows audio effect.

It shown as "room correction", but it actually increase audio quality dramatically.

I run the wizard by plugging kinect and selecting it as a professional microphone.

Any chance sony or Microsoft apply that tech on their next gen console?

Or.. Is there a way to unhide it?
Today that option just suddenly appear when I connect my laptop to super cheap HDTV. It doe not appear when connected to Samsung HDTV.

whats the cpu usage when using it if any ?
That I wonder too. I have been using SRS Premium Sound HD on my crappy laptop soundcard for a while -I disabled it though but I have it installed- and the sound is different but it doesn't sound that great to me, just different.

Listening to music on a laptop or standard computer speakers is like what Lady Gaga described in relation to one of her new songs.

http://www.nme.com/news/lady-gaga/71947

I thought that sound is better and propagates more easily under water though.

My x-fi has something called a crystalizer its supposed to make highly compressed audio sound better
from wiki
The Crystalizer uses a multiband compander (compressor/expander) with dynamically adjusted compression/expansion. Its main function is to detect transients and to increase their relative volume level. As a consequence of enabling the Crystalizer, the signal is altered, and whether the result improves upon the input audio is purely a matter of perception and can depend on the type of audio being played.

From what I can tell some people like it some dont. Personally I think low bitrate mp3's sound a bit different not better or worse just different like the trebble's been turned up.

Isn't the crystalizer basically just an EQ that boosts the high-frequency range? Back when people actually bought soundcards, the crystalizer was pretty much as ragged-on as Nvidia's digital vibrance crap used to be.

Back