Kick Off Revival [PS4, PSV]

Last edited:
lol @ this review on Amazon (3*);

Kick Off Revival, It's like meeting up with an old girlfriend from 30 years ago and She got fat. But you still want to play with her.

so...any more feedback, I'm on the fence...it's getting slated seems you have to spend a lot of time to get anything out of it and that's someting I don't have :(

Not much more to add, I am still having issues with getting to grips with the passing. It looks like my style of play is based on a bunch of pre-schoolers chasing the ball in a pack and randomly kick it in any direction. But as with originals, the satisfaction of pulling of a move or scoring a goal (random luck or not) is huge.

So if you can forgive that the game got rushed for the Euros and just focus on the gameplay it's worth the price. But you will not be able to do Fifa/Pes goals during your first matches, well I did not and still not able to. But YMMV and I pick it up, play a couple of games and then go on humbled by the computer and something else ;)

Also read through the links to the twitter posts on how to do a couple of things, especially the changing of formations is annoying, due to accidental changes.

I read a few write ups - is X the shoot of the left stick? I'm confused. The 'instructions' just say 'press the button' lol.

Yes, but if you liked the KO series it's a fun game.

I belive it was the publisert due to the Euros. But he had agreed to the schedule upfront, so again. But I still like it. Suck very much at I do, yes.

I'm just worried about the time it will take to master - like I said, I don't get much time, I was going to get digitally but I might just get on disk via eBay to try it out first...

To mastering is going online and be able to hold my own and not get thumped 12-0, but having fun is just playing around alone vs the cpu and paying the tournament. I wish I was a kid again and would have friends over to play etc. All my friends are boring grownups that do other stuff ;)

There are tons of those and then some favorable ones so :)

Yes, its missing stuff, but it looks like people that liked Kick Off (2) on the 16 bit computers, like this version, but those that expect to play FIFA/PES are not getting into it.

nice goal at the end there

Dino wrote on FB the other day, the first patch is hopefully available in the middle of July.

Well my disk arrived over the weekend and...well...I really like it!

Firstly it was like riding a bike - sure I was only in practice mode but scored within a few seconds - tho I later found out it was more luck! lol I then played against Albania and won 2-0. Good start.

I then played a tournament, first game against Russia was a real good match, 2-0 down then they miss a pen - I pulled it back to 2-2 but they score a dodgy goal deep into injury time - gutted! Then Wales - this time 1-0 up and a late equaliser ruined the party! Finally my last match - I had to win but it ended 0-0 :(

So I really like it - I love how he nailed the gameplay to the originals (IMHO) - I picked it up straight away without issue but...

...there needs to be more buttons. Too often I want to switch player but can't. Too many times I want to head but it slides in. And too many times I just can't control the ball how I'd like once kicked (tho this could just be down to practice).

Anyway, will now shift disk on a go digital :)

Reactions: JPT
Meant to post this - great 'review' - ff to 15:52 if you don't want to watch it all, this is where you will see some great skills and control of the ball!

Last edited:
I am still super crap at it, wish I had some more time. But we got some serious bugs in some equipment at work, which means time gets spent figuring that out instead of playing :/

TBH it's not half as bad as I was expecting - but then a couple years ago I did play the original on PC with an adapter so kind of had a fresh idea in my mind what to expect.

I also scored a goal with some pretty good control and passing;

Not had much time to play - only one online game which I drew 2-2

Ha, my 16* year old cousin, who is a FIFA fan is going to come and stay with me for some days.

Its time for Kick Off!!!

Yes, there is 17 years between my mom and my uncle and she got a kid early, while he got his late..... But hey, the boy gets the opportunity to learn the real football game ;)

For those wanting some patch news :

Our next patch for Kick Off Revival is almost there!
We decided to add a guided tutorial and just have to test it a little bit more!
Since launch, Dino has been working hard to add the features you and the KORmunity have been asking for. Some members of the KORmunity have even been testing the new builds via PS4 Shareplay.
Here is the list of important bug fixes and features in the next patch:

Bug Fixes:
• Fix for goalkeeper occasionally carrying ball out of play
• Fix for celebrate own goal bug
• Fix for infrequent tackle yourself bug
• Wall now blocks shots

General new features / Improvements:
• 24 referees with different atrributes
• Referee plays advantage
• Red & yellow cards
• Change formation at any time using the right stick
• Offside mitigation: players try to stay on side at all times
• Improved goalkeeper AI
• Improved audio and SFX (escpecially crowd)
• Penalty shootout mode in EURO competition and standalone
• Control of goalkeeper on goal kicks or when in possession of ball
• Control of goalkeeper in penalties
• SFX, Music and Crowd volume level options
• AI Diffifculty level options (offline play only)
• Goalkeeper difficulty level options (offline play only)
• Action replay of goals scored
• Left/Right handed controls
• Localizations (FR/GER/ITA/SPA/DUT/PORT)
• Free kick direction indicator
• Country codes displayed in match
• Improved kick height sensitivity
• Improved slide tackle control (can stop player more quickly when button held down)
• Off screen markers different colours
• Saving of user data (e.g. team for netplay and options)
• AI now aims throws
• AI shooting improved
• Credits
• Many more small fixes and tweaks

Netplay new features / Improvements:
• Display of ping and ratings at start of match (If you quit the match before the kick off you will not be penalised)
• Offer friendly (hold right stick up for 3 seconds) You can use this to agree to quit a match without penalty to either side. Can also be used to have a friendly (non ranking) match with any opponent. Both players must agree.
• Lag indication

Practice/Tutorial new features / Improvements:
• Menu driven tutorial with recorded progress
• Free kick practice
• Many new practice exercises

Now we’ll be focusing on the Vita version and the launch of the game in the US on PS4 and Vita at the same time. And of course, as we promised, regular updates with new content will be added in the future.
If you want to share your best goals, your experience, participate in tournaments or just talk with the community, it’s over here: kormunity.com
And to keep track of the development of the game, check out Dino’s Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/dndn1011

Back