Kick Off Revival [PS4, PSV]

Did not know that Sensible guys did Microprose, I remember I played a lot of Microprose to. Never played Tekhan World Cup to my knowledge.

In retrospect, I can see the Microprose -> Kick Off -> Sensible Soccer thing, but did not at the time.

I distinctly remember that I thought/felt/meant that Sensi was slower, not half speed to full throttle type, but quite noticeable slower in my opinion.

/EDIT

Well, did a quick youtube check, still looks like Sensi is slower, to me at least :)
Both games or all three if you count Microprose, got tons of hours invested in them :)

yeah, I never knew that Microprose Soccer guys did Sensi until I read that article a couple years ago when Retro magazine ripped KO to shreds and I took it to heart lol.

The speed thing might be due to the size of the pitch, being more zoomed out will make it seem slower - I personally think it is a similar speed.

WRT Tehkan World Cup - it's a real shame you never played it, it was a great arcade game played with a trackball so you could control the speed of player and strength/direction of ball, it was also possible to curve the ball if you span the trackball right. I am building an MAME arcade cabinet and hope to be able to get the game running as close as possible to arcade - I did have a bartop with a stand-alone trackball and it was close but not quite right but this new one the ball is the same as the one from the arcades so fingers crossed!

What about these 8 bits jewels?: Match Day 2, and Emilyn Hughes International Soccer.These were the shit!.Above all the Jon Ritman master piece,the most addictive football game ever!.

Reactions: JPT
yeah, I never knew that Microprose Soccer guys did Sensi until I read that article a couple years ago when Retro magazine ripped KO to shreds and I took it to heart lol.

The speed thing might be due to the size of the pitch, being more zoomed out will make it seem slower - I personally think it is a similar speed.

WRT Tehkan World Cup - it's a real shame you never played it, it was a great arcade game played with a trackball so you could control the speed of player and strength/direction of ball, it was also possible to curve the ball if you span the trackball right. I am building an MAME arcade cabinet and hope to be able to get the game running as close as possible to arcade - I did have a bartop with a stand-alone trackball and it was close but not quite right but this new one the ball is the same as the one from the arcades so fingers crossed!
I used to play Tehkan in the arcades but it had a traditional stick.One of the best arcade football games, maybe the first with vertical scrolling.I remember we all seeked for the diagonal goal from the midfield,the keeper failed those always.US GOLD launched ITALY 90, a decent version for Amstrad and Spectrum of this game.
Another fantastic arcade wasTecmo World Cup 90, called Euro League in its european version.

yeah, the joystick version was due to the trackballs being forever broken - due to the height you really pushed down and as it was frantic action they got a pounding! The problem with joystick control was (well when I emulated with digital only) that the ball was always kicked at super high power, you could still enjoy the game (once adjusted) but never the same. Ah, the memories of the tune that played when you won the cup (tune starts 10:30) - loved that so much Jerusalem was my only 'must have' hymn at my wedding lol.

On 8 bit I loved Emlyn Hughes Soccer but generally found the footy games lackluster and usually defaulted to the original International Soccer...until Microprose Soccer that is :)

What about these 8 bits jewels?: Match Day 2, and Emilyn Hughes International Soccer.These were the shit!.Above all the Jon Ritman master piece,the most addictive football game ever!.

I remember the names, but not really the games :/ Was Emilyn Hughes not just International Soccer with the ability to do sliding tackles or something?

yes, it was speeded up - I also liked Gary Linekers. I played Player of the Year a lot but largely I played Football Manager until The Double came out (I loved watching the games because it allowed you to figure which players were good even tho the graphics were really poor).

yes, it was speeded up - I also liked Gary Linekers. I played Player of the Year a lot but largely I played Football Manager until The Double came out (I loved watching the games because it allowed you to figure which players were good even tho the graphics were really poor).

But who remembers this game?

You could definitely think so, like many other people on this planet. I like their work/product, but something is off with the person.
But it's his game I am buying and not his friendship.

I don't mind him, he seems fairly easy going but he's clearly bitter about not making much out of the game - he sounds like these 70s and 80s bands who are reforming because their managers made all the money off their skills.

Yes, I understand that he might be bitter, I just find it quite off putting .

But going from his own words:

Anco asked him to make a football game, he did and it was a success. Sadly for him, I doubt Revival will be as big as the originals. But I am also a bit vary, since Goal was such a letdown when it arrived. And he has not really made anything else with his name on it, thats good. At least to my knowledge.

It was his first job and he had a shitty contract, but very few get superstar contracts on their first job. Anyway this is way of topic.

And I hope the game is great.

Not a video or demo, but a picture at least
https://www.facebook.com/KickOffRev...410920068486/1700863536856557/?type=3&theater

12670804_1700863536856557_5078205568192030343_n.jpg

Yeah, I know what you mean - but it's like with films and stuff, star wars is a good example - where some of the actors took less up front but a cut of future profits and others took the better up front but are now kicking themselves. Personally I've always thought if I were in such a scenario I'd go for the royalties option, I recall a guy I used to work for telling me his band had a single released once and he still got a royalty check - sure it was only a few pence but still it was better than nowt.

Back OT I will likely buy this day one anyway - I didn't mind Goal but agree it wasn't as good as KO2.

In the comment section on the facebook pages, he/they wrote that they are targeting a release for end of june.
Disappointed about the long wait, but great to know what they are targeting.

Back