Just got myself

ninelven said:
Those are about a hundred dollars more expensive than the Sonys that Digi favors, it'd be a crime if they WEREN'T better.

Question is wether the sound quality increase actually corresponds to the very substantial price difference. Especially in a pair of headphones, which by definition are articles of consumption more or less, considering you pull on the cords and get bad contact, the tiny little diaphragms in them crack, etc... Sooner or later they'll turn into junk (probably sooner) and then you threw a hundred dollars down the drain.

Guden Oden said:
ninelven said:
Those are about a hundred dollars more expensive than the Sonys that Digi favors, it'd be a crime if they WEREN'T better.

Question is wether the sound quality increase actually corresponds to the very substantial price difference. Especially in a pair of headphones, which by definition are articles of consumption more or less, considering you pull on the cords and get bad contact, the tiny little diaphragms in them crack, etc... Sooner or later they'll turn into junk (probably sooner) and then you threw a hundred dollars down the drain.

When you spend good money on headphones you tend to take good care of them like anything else. Besides you can also get the Shure E2s for around $60 too.

digitalwanderer said:
ninelven said:
digitalwanderer said:
Nothing else compairs. Once you try them, you will settle for nothing less.
Occasionally you make me laugh.

Here.
I'm sure they're better, they're $104 more than my $35 set of fontopia.

I can't spend over $50 on a set of headsets, I'm too cheap. :oops:

Heh, with all the action you get at home, it would indeed be a very short-lasting investment ;)

_xxx_ said:
Heh, with all the action you get at home, it would indeed be a very short-lasting investment ;)
You have no clue on how hard I tried to keep my last set of fontopias safe, it was the most careful I've been with anything since my kids. :?

I just slipped once and left them on my desk for 15 minutes when I ran out to pick up a pizza one night, they were gone when I was back. :(

I love my pups, but they're now 3 40-50lb little units-o-destruction that are working overtime to eat my house. :?

PC-Engine said:
The Sony HDwhatever MP3 players have a sort of code you can enter to take the thing off, but i'm not sure if i can do that with other MP3 players, cause i aint got so much money to spend on the Sony ones, as much as i'd love one.

Sorry lb, but the volume problem stems from your choice of HDD player. The SONY HDx only have 5mW of output power max.... ;)

SONY probably did this so they can advertise very long playing times. :oops:

Oh ok, but there's still a sort of hack, a sequence of buttons to press to make it nice and loud.

They probably put the lock for battery reasons but it can be taken off, my flatmate has one.

Back