Just curious about forum archives

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
One of the forums has 52333 amount of posts.
Are 52233 of them archived ( compressed heavily as well)? :LOL:
Who is in charge of cleaning them?

We've not archived this forum at all. The forum is all driven by a database and all the posts are in there. The Database is currently 120MB big.

OUCH!
That's a lot, would you be saving any money by getting rid of some of the threads, considering there is such a vast majority of threads?
Or will you keep the posts until it grows into 10GB worth of stuff? :LOL:

K.I.L.E.R said:
OUCH!
That's a lot, would you be saving any money by getting rid of some of the threads, considering there is such a vast majority of threads?
Money? The only costs B3D incurs are time better spent generating money via real-paying jobs and health via more sleep for Dave! :)

So Dave doesn't pay for bandwidth either? Considering the amount of traffic on these forums and site, how is it possible? You guys have sponsors who pay for everything?

K.I.L.E.R said:
So Dave doesn't pay for bandwidth either? Considering the amount of traffic on these forums and site, how is it possible? You guys have sponsors who pay for everything?
Nah... he's hacked into a bank account of some bloke in Melbourne...

Simon F said:
K.I.L.E.R said:
Nah... he's hacked into a bank account of some bloke in Melbourne...

OMG!!! :cry:

/me chases Dave away with a stanley knife. :LOL:

To allievate all the issues that we've had with servers in the past I took the option of leasing an entire server. The server is meant for Webhost resellers so its fully specc'ed up to run multiples of sites, but we are currently the only ones on here. Even though the DB may be 128MB large, its still kinda lonely in the 80GB of disk space this server has. Becuase this is a reseller server it also has a monthly bandwidth capacity of 500GB, which we are not quite using yet!

Advertising is nearly covering the costs of the server (on a good month).

RussSchultz said:
I guess I should stop spoofing the address of your ad server then. :)

Yes, please! :)

(Damn those pop-up ads)

There shouldn't be any - I've not had any for a long while yet, and we tend to contact the ad company when they start pushing them through (which is usually by accident).

Back