Joel Siegel walks out of Clerks 2 screening

digitalwanderer said:
I was just re-watching all of Kevin Smith's works getting ready for Clerks 2! :)
An Evening with Kevin Smith. I highly recommend it. :)

The best part about this story is that Kevin Smith is a regular on Opie and Anthony, and Kevin actually CALLED UP Joel Siegel on their show and got into verbal fisticuffs with him.

"Sir it's your job to sit in on a movie so essentially walking out of it making a scene is not doing your job. I could care less if you walk out, but to sit there and scream 'look at me i have a mustache and haven't walked out on a movie for thirty fucking years' is offensive."

I thought it was rather hilarious. I don't see what would make him walk out of the movie... I'm sure he actually liked a lot of movies that were far worse.

John Reynolds said:
That would be the mp3 I linked in the first post of this thread. :p

Oh, I didn't listen to it. I heard him on the show when it premiered.

Bobbler said:
I thought it was rather hilarious. I don't see what would make him walk out of the movie... I'm sure he actually liked a lot of movies that were far worse.
he was offended
Honestly I'm surprised he didn't walk out sooner.

radeonic2 said:
he was offended
Honestly I'm surprised he didn't walk out sooner.

Did he mention what offended him? I can't dl the mp3 where I am, so I may have to wait til I get home.

I suppose him being offended by the humor is about the best one could hope for as far as 'reasons why people walk out of movies'.

I'm betting it was at the part where the interspecies erotica came into play, but that was just a brilliantly done bit that slayed me. :LOL:

digitalwanderer said:
I'm betting it was at the part where the interspecies erotica came into play, but that was just a brilliantly done bit that slayed me. :LOL:

That was rather well done, but so was almost every borderline scene in the movie -- it didn't seem very offensive to me!

The "it's alright, I'm taking it back" (in regards to the racism scene) part seemed to be the most offensive, and I thought that was probably the most hilarious part of the movie.

Bobbler said:
Did he mention what offended him? I can't dl the mp3 where I am, so I may have to wait til I get home.

I suppose him being offended by the humor is about the best one could hope for as far as 'reasons why people walk out of movies'.
40 minutes in when they're talking about the "donkey show."

Back