iWatch

According to Macrumors, some analyst firm claims Apple captured 75% market share in smartwatch segment, with Samsung as #2 at 7.5%.

This is roughly what you might expect to happen when one company takes a holistic approach to making a smartwatch, from software and user interface, to selection of materials and design of casing and bands, while the other team repeatedly throws shit against the wall to see what might stick. :p
Hmm since samsung sold over a million smartwatches last year, apple have sold over 10 million! checks apples sales data?
apple watch division = $2.64 billion including ipod, beats, apple tv etc, so roughly $1 billion on smartphones / $500 (average price?) = 2 million smartphones, which is a long way from 10 million, I think we can conclude that analyst is crap.unless they're claiming only during apple watches launch week or something.
, to selection of materials and design of casing and bands
Just keep it away from water :LOL:
Seriously though I think now its been shown that even the apple brand can't make a smartwatch a hit product its prolly not going to be the next big then (perhaps in 5 years when they fix the battery issue)

Hmm since samsung sold over a million smartwatches last year, apple have sold over 10 million!
Uh, both your numbers and your logic is faulty. The estimate regarded sales from this year's second quarter.

Just keep it away from water :LOL:
It handles water pretty well actually, Apple's been notably conservative in their statement on water resistance, perhaps because capacitive touch doesn't work terribly well (or at all, really) when submerged. Anyway, people have surfed with this thing in the ocean, repeatedly, with no apparent ill effects for example.

Seriously though I think now its been shown that even the apple brand can't make a smartwatch a hit product its prolly not going to be the next big then (perhaps in 5 years when they fix the battery issue)
This is just borderline trolling now. It's been three months since launch and you're already drawing such far-reaching conclusions? That's really pathetic. :p Set the way-back machine for three months past iPhone launch, what would you hear, especially from the tech forums around the internets? That the thing's a dud, expensive, slow, poor reception, crash-prone, poor quality, missing features, Steve Jobs reality distortion field, no keypad will doom it...and so on and on.

And look what happened! Who's laughing now, huh?! :LOL:

Let's wait and see what happens, alright?

Uh, both your numbers and your logic is faulty. The estimate regarded sales from this year's second quarter.
Incorrect you wrote some analyst claimed apple captured 10x the market share of samsung, I pointed out that samsung sold >1 million last year, ergo apple > 10 million, I did write a caveat at the end perhaps they were only looking at a shorter period of time.

Since you use macrumours I will use them too, and since apple have not released actual numbers
http://www.macrumors.com/2015/07/07/apple-watch-demand-slides-june-slice/
indicates that sales dipped to as low as 4,000 to 5,000 units per day in late June
not the healthiest looking chart

It's been three months since launch and you're already drawing such far-reaching conclusions? That's really pathetic
how does what other ppl said about the iphone relate to what I'm saying about the iwatch. I will admit I was totally wrong and an idiot if apple sells > 30 million in the first year. Pro Tip : they won't

Let's wait and see what happens, alright?
sure I can see it in 5 years selling OK, after a few upgrades but face it this first model is pretty shit. Look you can spend your cash on it, all power to you. I'm spend serveral times its price on a holiday and in a months time will only have a stamp in a passport to show for it, you will still have that thing on your wrist that screen lights up %1 of the day.

Incorrect you wrote some analyst claimed apple captured 10x the market share of samsung, I pointed out that samsung sold >1 million last year, ergo apple > 10 million
The macrumors-reported analyst claim specifically concerned 2nd quarter this year. Not all of last year. So extrapolating 10 million apple watch sales from samsung's claimed 1 million sales last year is using faulty logic and faulty data. Note: a year is ~400% of a single quarter, and sales last year don't reflect sales from 2nd quarter this year. If you can't fathom these specifics, I don't know what to tell you! ;)

Since you use macrumours I will use them too, and since apple have not released actual numbers
http://www.macrumors.com/2015/07/07/apple-watch-demand-slides-june-slice/
not the healthiest looking chart
Tim Cook has claimed that that was a false rumor, and that sales went up in june compared to may. He's probably not lying, as the watch was released in the latter third of may; june sales should therefore be higher when they had a full month to sell watches, especially as sales opened in several more territories in that month.

Not that I really care how much it sells, other than enough so that further software development and support continues. My ego doesn't ride on how many watches apple sells, nor do I own any apple stock either. I just want a nice watch to wear on my wrist after being involuntarily watchless for several years, and if it offers additional functionality too then so much the better.

I will admit I was totally wrong and an idiot if apple sells > 30 million in the first year. Pro Tip : they won't
Ok, so you set the bar at such a high level that it's basically impossible for Apple to reach it before admitting you were mistaken; that's meaningful! ;)

but face it this first model is pretty shit.
That's just your personal opinion of course. I wouldn't agree with your assessment.

He's probably not lying, as the watch was released in the latter third of may; june sales should therefore be higher when they had a full month to sell watches
though as we all know with most product esp anticipated ones, they start off with a bang and then decline. Also it was released in april, thus its the whole month of may vs whole month of june. If I wanna lay money on it (since I'm a betting man, just stuck $100 on SA in the rugby) it would of sold more in april than either may or june.

k, so you set the bar at such a high level that it's basically impossible for Apple to reach it before admitting you were mistaken; that's meaningful! ;)
I'm just quoting what analysts have said the apple watch would sell although I see now analysts are downgrading their expectations
but don't worry mate next quarter, the watch financial segment should see a large revenue rise
-Grall: apple watch, I knew it had the power :runaway:
-Me: launch of new ipod
-Grall: :(

just playing with ya grall

though as we all know with most product esp anticipated ones, they start off with a bang and then decline. Also it was released in april, thus its the whole month of may vs whole month of june.
IIRC, pre-reservations started in april with product launch in may. Or maybe I get confused in my old days. :p In any case, bang or no, official Apple word is there was no decline in june, so it doesn't really matter if sales started in may or not.

Whether there will be a decline in july, well, new zealand launch is at the end of the month, I'm sure the Kiwis will step up to the plate and save apple's bacon! No seriously... I really don't care. It's not my job selling watches for apple. I've got mine now and that's all that matters, I've moved on to anxiously awaiting the next iPhone instead now. :LOL:

Back