Iwata passed away

As far as I know he was never into hardware design.
He was in a Nintendo Direct interview with some old-timer Japanese guy where they discussed how those games were made and his involvement, IIRC. Don't recall when this video was posted, sadly... It was a good one, very informative, it felt like a little bit like those Yorkshiremen from Monty Python, except it was all true stuff about how primitive the process of building Game&Watch games was. :D

Sucks for him. Sucks for his family and friends. Sucks for Nintendo. Sucks for Nintendo fans. Sucks for anyone that liked having gamer and former tech directing a games company, and not just a suit that hates gaming.

Basically, it just sucks.

NX will be his last major work, I guess. More than anything, succeed or fail, I hope it's something unique.

Totally unexpected and sad for me. Couldn't believe it until I read Nintendo's official document too.

Miyamoto_Sucking_Iwata.gif
That kinda shows Nintendo sense of fun compared to the rest of the companies, and it's quite unique. They aren't in their golden age sales wise but with that spirit, they will be at the top once again one day, I guess.

Yeah Nintendo is brave to be weird,unique. Iwata said that he afraid to simply make games without uniqueness.

Although personally I dislike the majority of Nintendo games. I think I only like win sports on wii. Other games I like are not made by Nintendo.

But their hardware facilitate the new unique gameplay.

I really curious with NX. hopefully they will keep holding that unique mindset

Extremely sad news. I played a little Kirby's Adventure on Wii U VC last night in his honor. Definitely need to complete my playthrough of Earthbound this summer as well. Whether or not one agreed with all of his policies, from all accounts, he was a genuine and caring individual. The fact that he minimized layoffs during the recent downturn is quite honorable. Thanks for all the memories, Mr. Iwata, wherever you are.

Back