Is this a stupid idea?

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
I've already recieved lab work (which I'm doing at home) for my OOP class.

I'm pretty bored at class, because I'm not going to learn anything in this class as I already know far more than what's required of me in that class.
I've got a diploma in software development, I've done the major project and the like.

To make things more interesting, I asked the teacher if I can use Java 5's features, because I use them at home to cut down on time (replacing classes with enums when it's right, annotating my code, etc...), she said I can use whatever I want as long as the program compiles.

So I figure, what if I go overboard with the use of advanced features and confuse the teacher?

Is this a good idea? She is marking my work.

I R Genius... look at me, look at me...

Seriously, you have to ask a question like this? So long as its well annotated and she is capeable to doing the research do the work to the best of your ability and within the scope defined by the project outline. It's when you've been asked to take a class for the afternoon because you know more than the teacher on the particular subject you can feel special and win the cookie.

Does this mean I have an inflated ego?

sytaylor said:
I R Genius... look at me, look at me...

Seriously, you have to ask a question like this? So long as its well annotated and she is capeable to doing the research do the work to the best of your ability and within the scope defined by the project outline. It's when you've been asked to take a class for the afternoon because you know more than the teacher on the particular subject you can feel special and win the cookie.

K.I.L.E.R said:
she said I can use whatever I want as long as the program compiles.

What if, you're using the latest and greatest java compiler (v1.5) and at school your teacher uses 1.3 (for instance)... your code won't compile! :|

K.I.L.E.R said:
Does this mean I have an inflated ego?
attentionwhore.jpg

Nah.

Bad news guys, the book I bought that the lecturer is using supports Java 1.5 features.
I don't think I can confuse her with language features.

Maybe I should grow up?

Back