I've got the acore has stopped on android, this is how I fix it.

Rurouni

Veteran
Basically I've got android.process.acore has stopped working on Android and the error keep popping out at a random and it is really annoying. Most of the suggestion is to remove Facebook app, some told to remove G+, others are clearing contact, contact storage, etc and the last one is going nuclear.
The problem that I was having is that I already do all of that except for going nuclear. I was really close to make the problem as an excuse to buy a new phone since I don't want to go nuclear, but anyway, this is how I fix my phone.
You will need the phone to be rooted (unless the phone itself has the capability to disable any app). I was freezing each app one by one until the problem stopped (using an app that can disable an app) and finally the problem stopped. I think it was a banking app instead of the usual social app that is causing problem.
Anyway, I'm happy that I can now use the phone normally, but why Google doesn't have a protection for this kind of thing? If someone created a random app that probably access contact (or other thing) in an erroneous way (or can corrupt the contact database), it probably can create that kind of situation and the phone user can't know what exactly the app that cause it. Or the newer Android version already have that mechanism (to prevent acore stopped happening) and it's my fault that I stuck with Kitkat...
Maybe I should buy a new phone....

Basically I've got android.process.acore has stopped working on Android and the error keep popping out at a random and it is really annoying. Most of the suggestion is to remove Facebook app, some told to remove G+, others are clearing contact, contact storage, etc and the last one is going nuclear.
The problem that I was having is that I already do all of that except for going nuclear. I was really close to make the problem as an excuse to buy a new phone since I don't want to go nuclear, but anyway, this is how I fix my phone.
You will need the phone to be rooted (unless the phone itself has the capability to disable any app). I was freezing each app one by one until the problem stopped (using an app that can disable an app) and finally the problem stopped. I think it was a banking app instead of the usual social app that is causing problem.
Anyway, I'm happy that I can now use the phone normally, but why Google doesn't have a protection for this kind of thing? If someone created a random app that probably access contact (or other thing) in an erroneous way (or can corrupt the contact database), it probably can create that kind of situation and the phone user can't know what exactly the app that cause it. Or the newer Android version already have that mechanism (to prevent acore stopped happening) and it's my fault that I stuck with Kitkat...
Maybe I should buy a new phone....

I don't think android have any protection against that.

Easiest way is make an app that keeps cloning your contacts. It will fill the internal storage and could result in bootloop.

Dunno if the automatic Google checker thingy will refuse publishing such app on play store or not.

But from my experience, they are pretty lax in tech. They are super rigid and annoyingly spotty in other stuff tho (impersonation, trademark, etc).

Google keeps throwing the copyright, impersonation, and trademark claims to my apps. While keeping other apps with millions of downloads that's obviously infringing the impersonation and trademark and copyright rules stays in play store.

Huum, why dont just reboot in recovery mode, and launch a clean install (without wiping data )? .... when your phone i back, everything ( include contact, apps, software ) will be re installed. you loose maybe 25min in the process but thats all.

Huum, why dont just reboot in recovery mode, and launch a clean install (without wiping data )? .... when your phone i back, everything ( include contact, apps, software ) will be re installed. you loose maybe 25min in the process but thats all.
I don't think I have that option. I'm using stock and manually rooted it and make a partition on my sd card for link2sd. Basically when I do have an image for my phone, it will need to be stock and it will wipe out all of the customization that I do on my phone.
I should've go with custom rom instead of stock....

I don't think I have that option. I'm using stock and manually rooted it and make a partition on my sd card for link2sd. Basically when I do have an image for my phone, it will need to be stock and it will wipe out all of the customization that I do on my phone.
I should've go with custom rom instead of stock....

normally, every Android device have this mode, it is separate from the initial rom.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/use-recovery-mode-android/

Ofc, i let you do research about it, for dont do a bad manipulation and lost your data.

normally, every Android device have this mode, it is separate from the initial rom.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/use-recovery-mode-android/

Ofc, i let you do research about it, for dont do a bad manipulation and lost your data.
I think I have been to the recovery of my phone and don't find a "clean install" option. That is why I need to find the same stock ROM (or newer). After that, since it is stock, I might lose some of my customization that I made while the phone is rooted. I have read that some people have lost their root while installing stock ROM, which I don't really mind. But I'm not sure my customization would survive that. In the end, I think it might be better to find a good custom ROM and nuke the phone if I do go the recovery route.

Back