Interesting info on early NV40 memory

Guys, I support what radar is saying here. If the memory module is running higher than it is spec'ed for, then it is an overclock - no questions asked. Even if nVidia claims that the mem modules were re-tested at Samsung to assure stability, it is still, by defintion, overclocked. If Samsung did attempt to re-test these modules, why werent they remarked for 1.6ns instead of 2.0ns?

The reason IMHO as to why 2.0ns ram are used is because it is cheaper to buy compared to the 1.6ns ones.

Bahadir said:
Guys, I support what radar is saying here. If the memory module is running higher than it is spec'ed for, then it is an overclock - no questions asked. Even if nVidia claims that the mem modules were re-tested at Samsung to assure stability, it is still, by defintion, overclocked. If Samsung did attempt to re-test these modules, why werent they remarked for 1.6ns instead of 2.0ns?

The reason IMHO as to why 2.0ns ram are used is because it is cheaper to buy compared to the 1.6ns ones.

radar is saying the opposite however if i read his posts correctly

as for the question that radar posted, is nvidia really that stupid to send an email with those claims...yes...recall the x-rayed pci-e rv350 that nvidia claimed was a bridge interface incident...

Back