Intel Dothan desktop mobo :)

ANova, they were trying to Compare the Architectures.

I agree the Dothan performance is really impressive.

http://www.x86-secret.com/articles/cpu/dothan/dothan-7.htm

bench3-6.png

Could you show any other benchs besides 3dmark03? I've noticed in benchmarks I've seen that its results are neccesarily indicative of other benchmarks/program.(yes, even in the cpu benchmark) The differences shouldn't be more than 10 or 20% from other programs, but they're still there.

The 2.4GHz above is using a 480MHz FSB.
The 533MHz FSB Dotham will be available in the second semester of this year, but I dont know if a 2.4GHz will be available.

Anyway the point is this architecture has a lot of potential, and for someone requiring a cool, quiet, fast desktop computer or homelan server this could be an very good choice :)

pascal said:
The 2.4GHz above is using a 480MHz FSB.
The 533MHz FSB Dotham will be available in the second semester of this year, but I dont know if a 2.4GHz will be available.

Anyway the point is this architecture has a lot of potential, and for someone requiring a cool, quiet, fast desktop computer or homelan server this could be an very good choice :)

The 2.13 GHz version at 533 Mhz bus will be out in the third quarter. I would imagine it could overclock to around 2.5 GHz fairly easily, especially considering it uses the 90nm process. But it will be around $500 USD; still, that's one winner of a chip.

Back