Ign: Ps3 controller feels "cheap" and "uncomfortable"

then whats all the fuss about, if u dont like the standard controller, buy an alternative.
if there enuf desire some company will see a money making oportunatity beit sony/ms or a 3rd party
Nah, I've never found a controller that competes in quality to a first party controller. (I really dug that FPS Controller--the one that kept your thumbs in place the entire time. The only problem was in quality; a lot of dead zone on the thumb sticks and the buttons were terrible in accuracy.)

If you are going to tilt the controller it obviously can't be resting on any surface. That includes your lap.

Does the controller need to rest on any surface? as long as your hands rest on your lap its just fine. I have no problems tilting the PS2 controller and resting my hands on my lap.

I wonder if Sony will allow DS2 controlers to be used via USB adaptors on the PS3.

It should be trivial for them to implement in the OS. And it would improve backwards compatability. Especially for games with rumble.

(I really dug that FPS Controller--the one that kept your thumbs in place the entire time. The only problem was in quality; a lot of dead zone on the thumb sticks and the buttons were terrible in accuracy.)
Linky for those that were curious (I'm looking at you Acert ;)):

http://llamma.com/xbox/Reviews/fps_master_controller.htm

fps_ma1.jpg

Note that the buttons are on the underside--that defintely takes getting used to, but once you get used to it, oh boy is it sweet.

The 360 (and PS3 now) come closer, in that a game can make use of just the shoulder triggers and buttons and only use the face buttons for contextual, occasional events. That is, a reload button should not require me taking my thumb off the right thumbstick; likewise for jump.

The controller above was also fully programmable, which was very nice. I would actually recommend trying it out but strongly believe the quality of some of the components are lacking enough that you wouldn't use it beyond a couple games (especially anything that required precise inputs, i.e. almost all video games).

I hated that controller because the triggers would get stuck firing and you had to jam it back out but obviously it didn't work very well for games. At least my friend's one.

I hated that controller because the triggers would get stuck firing and you had to jam it back out but obviously it didn't work very well for games. At leat my friend's one.
Right, that would be part the quality issues I mentioned. The bottom "face" buttons were also tacky, thumbsticks not sensitive enough, and trigger issues.

But the thing was cool.

Does the controller need to rest on any surface? as long as your hands rest on your lap its just fine. I have no problems tilting the PS2 controller and resting my hands on my lap.

If your hands are resting on your lap how do you move your controller down? Kind of hard when you can't move your hands any lower than they already are.

If your hands are resting on your lap how do you move your controller down? Kind of hard when you can't move your hands any lower than they already are.
Ummm, why do you need to move your controller down? I don't recall anyone moving their controller down in any of the videos of Red Steel or Metroid Prime 3. I can tilt my hand all over the place while it's in my lap, which is how I would play such a game. You seem to be hell bent on concocting situations in which the Wiimote can't work. I'd think that now that players have used it and say that it works great you'd have no arguments left.

Humans have flexible and moveable joints.
It's been proved by science that a human can hold an object with two hands, and still be able to use it's muscles and initiate articulation in various joints simultaneously without much stress!
A rare condition, where when presented with such an object, a human might seize up and become immobilized in a fetus-like position, but that's ususally triggered from past traumas and the subject will soon relax if he's given back his favourite plaything.

Back